Thread: High speed always drops in uTorrent

High speed always drops in uTorrent

I am facing a weird problem with uTorrent and hence need your help in solving the issue. I have recently installed uTorrent client on the computer but I am facing some problems with it. When the Torrent is loaded on the computer, it starts with maximum download speed but eventually the speed drops below the normal level. So can anybody tell me why I am facing such problems with uTorrent on my computer? Any help regarding the issue is more than welcome.

Re: High speed always drops in uTorrent

Have you installed any security softwares on the computer? All the security softwares have the tendency of blocking the unknown traffic which terminates on the computer. Therefore it is possible that the security software installed on the computer is blocking the traffic of uTorrent. Try to disable all the security software installed on the computer and then check the download speed on the computer.

The uTorrent client has to be configured properly inorder to get the desired download and upload speed on the computer. If the torrent client is not configured properly, the download speed will fall after sometime. Therefore I will suggest that you download the configuration file for uTorrent from the official website and then configure the application as per the settings which are provided in the configuration settings.

It is possible that the torrent file from which you are downloading is having less number of Seeds/peers and hence the download speed is degrading gradually. I will suggest that you check the performance of the application while downloading some other file from the torrent and then decide the troubleshooting method.

Now a days all the ISP's are limiting the download speed of the torrent and hence the users are not able to get the required download speed on the computer. The ISP's are limiting the torrents to implement fair usage policy for all the users. Contact the ISP and get the required information about the Torrent limitation.

Virus can be the reason for the problem. Virus are malicious programs which infect the application files. If any of the application files is corrupted by a virus program, the application will not work properly. I will suggest that you scan the system with an updated antivirus and repair the files. After repairing the files, see if the performance of uTorrent is working properly.