Thread: uTorrent speed problem, wont get to its MAX

uTorrent speed problem, wont get to its MAX

From last coupe of days i am facing some speed problem with my uTorrent. At the internet speed of 10 Mbps , am not able to get the download speed more than that of 600 kbps, where it used to 1.1 to 1.2 MBps before this problem arises.

I had have firewall off on router and PC, also tried turning off the antivirus, but still the same problem. Could you guys please suggest me something to increase the download speed to the max? Any help will be appreciated.

Re: uTorrent speed problem, wont get to its MAX

I guess you might be using uToorent 2.0 or later version. This problem has been seen in these version due to the addition of overhead. But anyways, we’ll try out some trouble shoot to fix this out. The Speed Guide is the simplest method to obtain exact upload and download rate. You can open this guide from the Options than clicking on speed guide or simply tap Ctrl + G on the keyboard. Here you will find a drop down box stating connection type. You can prefer your closest connection speed. Once done just confirm it by clicking on ‘Use Connection Settings’. The highest number and additional settings will be routinely applied.

As utorrent is a peer 2 peer client, therefore you should have open ports that will operate as entry point for users to acquire data from you. In case you don’t have this open ports, you can not get enough download speed either. Various ISP’s and routers block. If you are making use of routers than configure it to forward the ports on using in utorrent.

From the Speed Guide, you can ensure the right port. Type in the port number and verify it. By doing so, you will get a webpage open that will inform if the port is open or not. In case it is not, select different ports until u get the correct port number.

The cause for not getting the maximum download speed may be your ISP as well because several Internet service Providers use to limit the bandwidth for p2p clients. uTorrent include protocol encryption that creates detection and limiting by ISP’s harder. You can On or configure the protocol encryption from the Preferences under Options. You will find a Protocol Encryption section here where you can select Enabled or Force. This can accelerate your bandwidth. For more information and tips, just go through this:

Quote Originally Posted by Wamil View Post
    From last coupe of days i am facing some speed problem with my uTorrent. At the internet speed of 10 Mbps , am not able to get the download speed more than that of 600 kbps, where it used to 1.1 to 1.2 MBps before this problem arises.
    Essentially, your configuration might be pretty bad for your connection and you were yet getting huge speeds from the test torrents. While there are 10 seeds / peer, it is not so significant to upload quickly to get a speedy download speed in reverse.

uTorrent’s download rate could be really improved with the help of a tiny petite freeware called as uTorrent Ultra Accelerator. You can even name it as an addon for uTorrent. It flawlessly performs with the torrent client. Its is just about 2.5MB but it improve our searching and allow uTorrent to obtain the maximum from your internet connection. If you wish you can download it from here.