Thread: Client doesn't request blocks from peers in uTorrent

Client doesn't request blocks from peers in uTorrent

I have installed uTorrent on the computer for downloading using the torrent files but I am facing some problems while using uTorrent for downloading the files. The client does not request blocks from the peer when the torrent is loaded on uTorrent. I am new to uTorrent and hence dont know how to solve the problem. Hence I will be really grateful if any solutions to this problem are provided. Thanks in advance.

Re: Client doesn't request blocks from peers in uTorrent

As the client machine is not able to request for blocks from the Peers it is possible that the torrent which you are using is corrupt. If the torrent file which is loaded in the uTorrent is corrupt then the peers for such file are unreachable. Therefore I will suggest that you download the some other torrent and see if the client machine is able to request from the peers or not.

Is there any security software installed on the computer? If yes then it could be blocking all the torrent application from contacting to the peers. Security softwares when installed block all the traffic which is unknown. To solve this problem, I would suggest that you disable all the security softwares which are installed on the computer and see if the client is able to contact the Peers or not.

It is possible that the version of uTorrent installed on the computer is corrupt and hence you are not able to download the files. For any application to work properly on the system, all the files associated to it must work properly. Uninstall the current version of uTorrent from the computer and remove all the files related to it. Restart the computer and reinstall the application. Check if the torrent is being downloaded or not.

According to me the computer is infected with some kind of Virus which is creating such problems. Virus's when infect the files of the application which are frequently used by the user, the application will not work properly. Therefore I would suggest scan the system with an updated antivirus and repair all the files which are infected. After repairing all the files which are infected, see if the application is working properly.

I suppose that the files which you are downloading does not have fast peers or seeds and hence the client machine is not requesting the block of data. Hence I will suggest that you keep the torrent for downloading for a long time and see if the downloading of the file starts or not. If the seeds and peers are slow the downloading will start after sometime.