Thread: Need help on Multi-user Webui-Shell

Need help on Multi-user Webui-Shell

The Webui-Shell is a PHP submission that empowers the µTorrent webui. The most important characteristic is to generate multiple users. Perimeter which torrents a user be able to observe and control. Boundaries what a user be able to do in the webui (modify settings, view/revolutionize properties, add/start/stop/remove/data/recheck/etc torrents). Permit a user to download the authentic files. Make available a user by means of additional information in sequence. Impose quotas on a user. Manage numerous µtorrent instances.

Re: Need help on Multi-user Webui-Shell

The Webui-Shell comes in two discharges: The standard release that has merely the required files and which is OS and webserver autonomous. An uncomplicated to install windows merely package that includes the entire the essential software (Apache+PHP+modules). There is in addition a add-on for the customary release that removes the necessitate for the rewriter in Apache.

I be familiar with you are much additional experienced than I am, so I determine to presently ask given that a number of characteristic are obtainable but not implemented in the GUI, do you in your interface ignore/block the entire unambiguously supported actions to maintain things similar to the XSS which spurred token_auth from happening. I encompass to imagine regarding whether or not I comprise XSS leaks.

In addition the whole thing is allowed except what I obstruct. I unambiguously block confident actions. So yes it’s almost certainly a bit leaky atm particularly in relation to unknown characteristic that are in the backend. I might twist it approximately. Be supposed to not be too much run. Or I might even create a simple vs advanced system. Where simple is the contemporary one and advanced is where you be able to physically obstruct (or permit) every action and even add blocks for innovative actions that the script does not be familiar with regarding.

Pleasant, thanks for your efforts. The query is: Does Webui Shell frontier the disk space every user contain. Might I limit the number of energetic torrents for every user. If yes, be able to they tranquil have right of entry the additional settings or I be supposed to obstruct settings to have right of entry. Similar for download folder (might I specify where the file goes to, and lock it).

Additional than it would merely run correctly if you put out of action torrent elimination (without data). Otherwise a user is able to eliminate a torrent and the webui shell determines to eliminate it from a user’s quota but it is tranquil physically taking space on the server. I determine to imagine regarding this one. Goes on to do register as an optional. You must retain information that none of the settings are per user. If you permit someone have right of entry to the settings you trust him. If not, obstruct and have right of entry. I might do it per section of settings in the prospect (which is a LOT of run to implement) but right at present users you do not trust be supposed to be disallowed have right of entry to the settings.

Max active torrents, upload speeds, max associations etc are the entire decisions that be supposed to be based on the bandwidth of the apparatus working µtorrent. So it makes no sense to encompass per users settings. Besides, it would be problematical to implement such a characteristic. To protect users from messing approximately by means of this stuff you basically obstruct right of entry to the settings and do not permit them to force start torrents. If you actually desire a separate setup for every user where you appropriately divide the bandwidth in excess of x clients please make a note of that multiple µtorrent instance support is going to be in version or description of 0.2. Then read up on correctly setting up multiple µtorrent instances on the identical apparatus/internet correlation.