Thread: Mysterious download speed limit

Mysterious download speed limit

I am using uTorrent for purpose of downloading Torrent files. My computer is running the Windows 7 operating system. The weird situation that I am facing is that there is a mysterious download speed limit when I am trying to download any stuff. I used to get a speed of more than 800 Kbps before when I was using Windows Vista. Ever since, I have done the upgradation to Windows 7, I get only 250 Kbps or less than that.

I need all your suggestions on how to get rid of this problem. I am waiting for all your replies and comments.

Re: Mysterious download speed limit

It seems that the version of uTorrent that you are using is incompatible with the operating system that you are using. This is why the problem of mysterious download speed limit has been encountered. Check out the internet for the version of uTorrent that is compatible with Windows 7. If there is no such version, then there are many other Torrent applications that can be used in such a situation.

According to me, there is a need to optimize the internet connection. There many be junks in the internet connection because of which there is a mysterious download speed limit. I had the same issue and optimization of the internet helped me to solve this problem. There are many tools available for this purpose. Well, I think that you must use the tool called Optimize My PC, as it is compatible with Windows 7.

The mysterious download speed limit is a genuine problem that is faced by most of the users. There is no need to worry because of this issue. When you feel that the download speed is very low, simply restart the router. I can assure you that the situation will be avoided.

If you are still facing the same problem even after restarting the router, then just let me know about it, so that I can help you with some other suggestion.

Uninstall uTorrent and try the download with some other application. May be that Windows 7 has an incompatibility problem with this torrent application only. Because of this, there is a mysterious download speed limit. I am using Bit Torrent. Try out the same. I hope that there will be no such problems with this application. Use the compatibility mode, if there is still a problem with Bit Torrent.

I want to tell you guys that the mysterious download speed limit is being caused because I had not optimized the same. Thanks to all of you who have given suggestions as per their knowledge and mostly to Techno01, who provided the correct solution, that there were junks in the connection, that needs to be removed with the help of the tool called OPTIMIZE MY PC.

It is good to know that your issues about the mysterious download speed limit has been solved. You are very much welcome here for all your queries and suggestions. As you must have known till now that the people here are very helpful and co-operative too. So, you are free to ask any queries and solution to any problems anytime. You will be provided with the same immediately.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain