Thread: Using "Move completed downloads to" with a shared folder does not work

Using "Move completed downloads to" with a shared folder does not work

I have been facing a weird issue ever since I have done an upgradation of the operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7. The situation is that using "Move completed downloads to" with a shared folder does not work with the torrent application called uTorrent. I am not able to understand why this is happening. So, I need to know how this problem can be solved. I am waiting for suitable replies on this topic.

Re: Using "Move completed downloads to" with a shared folder does not work

I think that the problem of using "Move completed downloads to" with a shared folder does not work is encountered because the torrent application that you are using may not be compatible with the operating system that you are using.

Inorder to confirm about the same, I suggest you to run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in your system. If the particular application is listed among the incompatibilities of the system, then you will have to find some complements that work properly in Windows 7.

There is a possibility that the copy of the uTorrent application that you are using must have become corrupt. This is why using "Move completed downloads to" with a shared folder does not work. You must download a new copy of this torrent application and then, try using the option. I hope that your issue will solved after that. Just let me know if the situation persists.

If the situation of using "Move completed downloads to" with a shared folder does not work is being caused because of an incompatibility problem between the operating system and the application, then you can fix it with the help of the compatibility mode. This mode can be achieved with the help of the option for "troubleshoot compatibility". I have been able to eradicate many incompatibility issues in my system with Windows 7 by using this option.

Using "Move completed downloads to" with a shared folder does not work because you may be trying to share an incomplete folder. I was having the same issue when I was sharing an incomplete folder in my system. I had prevented this problem after I shared a complete folder, thus removing the complete folder. So, I guess that the people who are having this issue can use the same method as mine.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I have been able to solve the problem that I was facing regarding the Move completed downloads to with the help of the solution that is provided by Techguru01. I was sharing an incomplete folder because of which the problem was being caused, exactly as told by Techguru01. Anyways, thanks for all your replies and suggestions. I expect the same help in the future.

Yes,
    All your queries and suggestions are always welcome here. Actually, the members here are co-operative from quite a long time. Various people are specialized in various fields because of which you will be able to get any information as well as every problem solved here.
    So, feel free to ask for any help on here.