Thread: Does Mac version of utorrent support disk cache

Does Mac version of utorrent support disk cache

I am an innovative Mac user and the first BitTorrent downloader I utilize is utorrent which is diminutive and insignificant and efficient. One query I wonder whether or not the present Mac version or description on utorrent supports the disk accumulation function. Can I adjust it physically. I am much concern regarding the hard disk. If there are several advantages in using a 64bit uTorrent on 64bit Vista by means of multi core processor, would it be probable to release it.

Re: Does Mac version of utorrent support disk cache

It’s supported, additional than no UI to regulate it (yet). Tranquil, it would not essentially be that complicated. I mean, it's not actually "early" to any further extent to start doing 64-bit builds. I purchased a p35 chipset, a core2, and put an innovative video card in it and viola. I had a completely driver supported 64bit system; its rock-solid steady and fast as. I have 0 reasons to ever install or utilize the 32bit system at home the entire in excess of again. The less the system has to virtualized 32bit surroundings, I figure, the superior. Certain, it's not going to create a huge perfect change. But at the similar time, they are going to encompass to do it at one point or an additional. Most of us do this for the reason that we dig innovative technologies; they do cool things and we similar to to play with them.

The PSS compile be supposed to be moderately easy. Immediately create certain pointers are stored to 64bit types. The PSS deferentially, there are advantages that a number of people comprise essentially claimed do not exist. To estimate "Overview of x64 Calling Conventions" from MSDN's C++ Development Center: "Two significant modifications from x86 to x64 are the 64-bit addressing competence and a flat set of 16 64-bit registers for general utilize. Given the expanded register set, x64 presently uses the __fastcall calling conference and a RISC-based exception-handling mod.

In the strictest conventional intelligence - no, uTorrent is not multi-core conscious at the code level. On the other hand, uTorrent always has approximately for threads working doing a variety of things; so unless you comprise additional then four cores there is no real dissimilarity unless you are doing something serious similar to hashing multiple multi-gigabyte files.

Of course 32 bit client at present is sufficient for desktops. Determine to not be sufficient when 8GB of RAM determine to become customary on desktop. Two years or so X 64 usages determine to merely increase by means of time. Query is not if, but when you switch to X64. In addition, what is the right strategy to do that. Almost certainly not switching to X64 overnight, but introducing X64 version or description, and subsequent to majority determine to switch to X64, drop 32bit.

The X64 version or description is desirable previously at the moment for servers: Windows 2003 or Windows 2008 (almost immediately). The primary reason for X64 is extremely effectual high presentation uTorrent disk accumulation. Windows file accumulation is wrong implemented: low presentation, serial procedure, so extremely blocking under higher loads. Migrated file circulation tasks to torrents from FTP. At present working file servers distributing content via uTorrent and the biggest bottleneck are disk subsystems (at least previous to we completely shift to flash based disks).

I would similar to increase the accumulation size up to ~15GB (for server by means of 16GB RAM) or up to 30GB (32GB server), completely avoiding windows file accumulation. This would permit to accomplish upload speeds of up to more than a few Gbps from one server (impracticable to accomplish not from memory). Illustration: 12GB service pack is released for popular product. Regrettably I am not capable to increase uTorrent disk accumulation size in excess of 2GB at present.