Thread: Disable preferences in webui 0.370

Disable preferences in webui 0.370

By means of a innovative WebUI, how be able to I put out of action that "Preferences" button to keep away from people to modify the uTorrent setting. That does not protect users from changing settings. They are able to send commands physically extremely with no trouble. The additional alternative simply removes the representation from the webui.zip interface. But that does not stop people that utilize several of the community projects here or those that be familiar with how to prod the API directly (using an url).

Re: Disable preferences in webui 0.370

This characteristic has been waiting for a discharge by means of backend hold up or maintain, and it seems similar to support was rolled into µTorrent v2.0.1 build 18723 (faster than I had predictable). People who comprise been asking for queue management hold up and maintain well here it in conclusion is. Edit: I am supposed to similar to bump the version or description number or something, in view of the fact that v0.370 has previously been confirmed "stable". This version or description numbering scheme actually sucks, and my continuous reuse of numbers does not assist create it several less confusing for users. The Ugh next time, I guess.

I seem to comprise work into a problem by means of the WebUI port - it runs presently extremely well on an alternate port, but there are problem using stunnel for SSL. This problem merely manifests itself when accessing the uTorrent predilection from the WebUI. Perceptibly, stunnel and uTorrent cannot work on the similar port, and this is where the difficulty lies: uTorrent sends a redirect back to the client subsequent to changing a setting and hitting moreover is appropriate or OK, but the redirect contains the port number. It’s extremely well, but the port number in the redirect is the uTorrent listening port, not the stunnel listening port.

Set it to merely listen on 1270.0.0.1. Set up stunnel to attach to that port, and make available SSL on an additional port, say 3030. At present, go to the preferences, and attempt to modify something related to the WebUI, and hit moreover be appropriate or OK. Bam - it redirects you to port 3031 in this instance, not 3030. I get an SSL error, for the reason that uTorrent WebUI is not natively supporting SSL on its listening port. You be able to replicate this error yourself: set up uTorrent WebUI on one port, say 3031.

As for adding columns, it tranquil runs here in the entire browsers, so it does not seem probable that it's a bug by means of WebUI. Exit µTorrent, backup your settings.dat, then Esc in WebUI and endeavor the entire in excess of again. I take it this is a rename of your preceding .370 WIP thread. If so, thanks extremely much I encompass been using this scrupulous webUI for a long time at present, and it's presently enormous.

Well, I would not comprise stated that it did not run without having first tested it myself. I did try v0.370 with IE previous to responding, and no, pressing Enter does not run for adding by URL, for the reason that the HTML for the adding by URL did not even hold up or maintain it. It did run when adding by file, which I inveterate on top of, and that's for the reason that the add URL form essentially had a type="submit" button (dissimilar than add by URL).

Selecting at present the column "Status" demonstrates the incorrect torrents to the equivalent up-speeds (having 2 torrents by means of less than 100% and together stopped on top - one exposed as completed at present)! This has to be completed by the BitTorrent, Inc. devs in the Webui backend of µTorrent itself which means it does not encompass a high precedence. IE-merely behavior that by no means worked for adding by URL unless you tabbed to the OK button yourself. At several rate, it determine to return for the next build (along by means of adding by URL also behaving that method at present).