Thread: Open VPN GUI

Open VPN GUI

I have a problem for starting the openvpn as a service, its progress very well in bridge mode but I have one PC on the network that I want to accede to donate his bridge suits me too especially since the pc is wifi, so I let routed mode. The server is Windows XP and I put the openvpn 2.1. I am sure that something went wrong while installing.!! This has happened because of an insufficient knowledge. So thought that you guys can provide me with some basic information of Open VPN GUI

Re: Open VPN GUI

VPN stands for Virtual Private Network for Virtual Private Network. Make a network of this type allows you to create a LAN between two networks via the Internet. Connect your home computer network to work for example. For this you can use the software OpenVPN, but its command line interface, making it very unattractive. This problem is to solve OpenVPN GUI.

The GUI OpenVPN GUI fits perfectly in the Windows environment and help the novice user to find its feet. OpenVPN GUI adds the following functions :
    • Displays an icon in the notification area to control OpenVPN
    • Manages multiple associations concurrently
    • Hides the OpenVPN console window
    • Utilizes IE proxy settings (only if manually configured in Internet Explorer)
    • Dialog box for login and password

The initial stride in building a configuration OpenVPN 2.0 is to create a PKI (Public Key Infrastructure). OpenVPN supports bidirectional authentication based on certificates, meaning that the client must authenticate the server certificate and the server must authenticate the client certificate before mutual trust that can be established. This security model has a number of interesting possibilities for use in VPN. The server only needs its own certificate / key, it does not need to know each key clients that can connect to it. The server will accept clients when the certificate will be signed by the teacher certification authority (which will be generated before). And since the server can verify the signature without having to access the private key of the certification authority itself, it is possible for the key certification authority (the most sensitive key infrastructure throughout of Public Key) to reside on a different machine, even without a network connection.

Some information that can be useful :
    • OPENVPN walk from a network with a HTTP proxy but only protocol TCP.
    • To not lose the connection with the customer's network applications, file server configuration OPENVPN must fill in a DNS machines to experience this one. Particularly useful if the client is on a private network with its own DNS. With the optional push "dhcp-option DNS xx.xxx.xx.xxx"
    • For security reasons, activate the option User: nobody and Group: nobody
    • Verb 6 is a bit much -> when the VPN works, verb may be increased to 3.
    • OpenVPN for Windows does not need to be installed to operate. in a shell window, openvpn-config. config.opvn launched from the directory containing the certificates done nicely and leaves a trace or less for use from a USB key.

I have a problem for starting the openvpn as a service, its progress very well in bridge mode but I have one PC on the network that I want to accede to donate his bridge suits me too especially since the pc is wifi, so I let routed mode. The server is Windows XP and I put the openvpn 2.1.
    The following steps will help you :
    1. Create a shortcut on the desktop that points to the file "openvpn-gui.exe"
    2. In the properties of this shortcut, change as follows:
      "C: \ Program Files \ OpenVPN \ bin \ openvpn-gui.exe" - connect monserver.ovpn
    3. Then disable the automatic launching of openvpn (with msconfig)
    4. Add this shortcut to "Start, Programs Startup"

The Virtual Private Network is an expansion of local networks that provides a safety standard in telecommunications. A superior negotiation is to use the Internet as a transmission medium using a protocol of "tunneling", that is to say, encapsulating data to be transmitted in encrypted form. This is called virtual private network (also called VPN, which stands for Virtual Private Network) to depict the system and artificially created. This network is "virtual" because it connects two networks 'physical' (LANs) by a connection unreliable (Internet) and private because only computers local networks on both sides of the VPN can "see" the data. Setting up a VPN is often very useful for the security of your equipment but also for increased ease of access. This article will show you how to set up a VPN server using OpenVPN, and the configuration a customer.

I would like to discuss about an editing the configuration file:
    It will be based on the configuration file server.conf proposed by openvpn:
    Code:
    cd / opt/SOURCES/openvpn-2.0.9/sample-config-files /
     server.conf cp / opt / openvpn / etc /
    It publishes the "/ opt / openvpn / etc / server.conf".
    It changes the names of the certificates / keys and the name of the user / group for the daemon openvpn located in / opt / openvpn / sbin:
    Code:
    AC / opt / openvpn / etc / ca.crt
     cert / opt / openvpn / etc / hostname-vpn.crt
     key / opt / openvpn / etc / hostname # This file-vpn.key Should Be Kept Secret

dh / opt/openvpn/etc/dh1024.pem

user openvpn
     group openvpn

log / var / log / openvpn.log
     verb 5

If you want to open VPN GUI then it is really easy to do . VPN stands for Virtual private network it is an expansion of local networks that provides the standard use of telecommunication . There are such a function with which you can open VPN GUI such as Displays an icon in the notification area to control OpenVPN , Manages multiple associations concurrently , Hides the OpenVPN console window then utilize the proxy setting then it can be possible to do VPN GUI .