Thread: What is mac os x ipfilter.dat for utorrent

What is mac os x ipfilter.dat for utorrent

Be able to OS X (Snow Leopard) users put into practice the 'ipfilter.dat' in the similar method Windows users is able to. If so, is it an efficient method of blocking bad ip addresses. What's most excellent 'block list' to utilize. I have heard talk of Bluetack being superior. I was going to utilize PeerGuardian 2 but subsequent to researching it seems moderately useless. The talk you have heard is the entire. There is no real superior premade list for it. Form where can I get it.

Re: What is mac os x ipfilter.dat for utorrent

So there's no superior premade, and I am presumptuous there's in addition no technique to put into practice the 'ipfilter.dat' on OSX; is there actually several superior method to stay comparatively secluded from bad IPs. I am not actually into riding bareback on the internet. What's your firewall. Some firewalls lock µT when it's finishing. Try removing the firewall and observe if it closes subsequent to that.

The uTorrent 2.0 (construct 17920) - it happened on the preceding beta RC4 build in addition. The OS windows 7 64-bit eventual. I have noticed that it is extremely discontinuous and that it merely seems to occur sometimes when utorrent is ran for an extremely long period of time. When I locate it in task manager and try to finish it. It would not stop the procedure. I merely utilize peerblock and windows defaulting firewalls. No 3rd party firewalls whatever.

My examination on this is when most important window is closed, it tries to flush and write the entire memory buffers to file. It closes itself subsequent to few second after buffer flushing is comprehensive. This predicament (if it is) determines to be additional imminent if you set a larger buffer or have enormous RAM installed. We have noticed this happens sometimes on windows 7 64-bit, but we have been not capable to replicate the problem ourselves. How long comprise you waited subsequent to closing it.

From time to time I do not notice it till similar to 20-30 mins presently when I get an enormous lag spike playing a game. I consider it's tranquil using bandwidth for whatever reason whenever it does not close entirely. I determine to try and set up the ipfilter.dat thing. Never heard of it nor used it perceptibly so I determine to create certain into it. I set up the ipfilter.dat it demonstrates that it is loaded when Utorrent starts. On the other hand IPs is tranquil being blocked on PeerBlock. Is there a dissimilarity connecting PeerBlock and ipfilter. I would much rather be safe than and encompass peerblock open when anti-P2P IPs are tranquil being accessed.

An additional uncharacteristic thing regarding it staying open is that when I hit it off on the executable to open it the entire in excess of again it opens up as an innovative procedure. Whereas it would presently demonstrate the already open utorrent if it was clicked generally. I tried using pskill to end the procedure and it says to have a right of entry is denied. Similar as when I try to end it in task manager. The merely method that I be familiar with how to close it is to restart. In addition when utorrent does not shut down and an additional instance is opened dl speeds in the innovative instance are simply approximately 20kb/s when they usually reach up to 100-200kb/s.

Similar thing here, windows 7 ultimate, 32 bits, utorrent 2.0 build 17920, utorrent.exe stays energetic subsequent to been shut down, I am using merely the windows firewall and I am behind a router. I encompass accurately the similar symptoms by means of utorrent 2.0 build 17920 on win7 x64. The utorrent.exe demonstrates up taskman / procedure explorer and cannot be completed. When I try to debug it by means of Visual Studio it produces this dialog:Microsoft Visual Studio.