Thread: Bittorrent Client problem on Ubuntu

Bittorrent Client problem on Ubuntu

A few days ago that left my computer downloading and sharing various torrent files using the bittorrent client that comes by default in ubuntu (I think that client enough for my needs, so I've never found another). I realize that I can only have one torrent active at a time. Strange because I have not touched anything on the configuration of the system, and less client torrents (In fact, there are options that modify that customer) for weeks. So, suddenly, yesterday was 4 bittorrent client windows running and now can only run one at a time, because then I enter the error message "URLOpen error (111, 'Connection refused')". Please help me.

Re: Bittorrent Client problem on Ubuntu

The connection refused, it may be that the network owner has banned you because it does not let you upload your files. I always leave it up a few hours a day, usually with ISO Gutsy, and it always get fast downloads. If you can, change your IP, check with your provider. And delete the private information of Firefox, maybe there is some issue around saying that will not let you down until you upload something, who knows!?

I was having the similar problem. On what the server banned, could be, but not in this case, I was losing that although a private tracker, I've always had good ratio; Besides, this problem happened to me with any torrent any tracker. Only a download or upload at once, the other simply did not work either upstream or downstream. Also sounds like the ISP, but also discarded, as I tried on 2 other machines (one Windows XP and one Windows Vista), and both torrent clients worked perfectly.

Specifically, once you've installed the software, you need the address of a file that ends in. Torrent you enter in your browser as a URL Classical (Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox are supported). This opens a window which triggers the BitTorrent download. Once you have gotten enough of the download, the software uploads the pieces of the file you have to offer it to other connected sub BitTorrent history to go faster and everyone benefits.

There are some characteristic makes it seems, entirely appropriate for large files that are cut into several parts or not. This system allows connection to single out any transfer to increase the rates (which are not divided by downloading multiple files). For example if you want to offer your web heavy but nice holiday video that is over 100 MB, it can be very judicious BitTorrent to distribute it to history to save time and bandwidth to all your loved ones, of course, will be connected at the same time.

Bittorrent means in the general case one technology (a bit like peer to peer: it does not mean software but a technology). To enjoy them, it takes 2 things :
    • A bittorrent client (this is software), eg one of three cities on the page, or many others.
    • An "address" file to download for this must be an address search on a site.

This is not complicated; you have to install a BitTorrent client. To do this you go to the official website and you choose GetBitTorrent, then according to your configuration (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows) you click on the link allowing you to download. You will be completed with the process of installation. Then you go hunting on the network to find files. Torrent that matches what you want to download.