Thread: Why does uTorrent connect to so many useless peers

Why does uTorrent connect to so many useless peers

I am having a query that why does uTorrent connect to so many useless peers. This query came in mind because I face 2 types of situations while Torrent downloading. One is when I have 250 seeds and 1000 peers. This is a normal situation, when I get the perfect speed of about 200 Kbps. Another situation is that when I have only 10 seeds and 40 peers. At this time, all of them are not uploading. For instance, only 7 of them are doing the uploading. So, I also wanted to know if there is a technique available to get rid of these useless peers and just connect to the ones that are useful for the download.

Re: Why does uTorrent connect to so many useless peers

You cannot stop uTorrent connecting to so many useless peers. This is so because this is how uTorrent and other torrent applications work. The peers join to the peerlist to the download file that you are selecting in a random manner. You cannot predict as to which peer will be useful and which will not be. Anyways, you must be very lucky enough to select the particular file that gives the proper useful peers.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

For the technique to stop uTorrent connecting to so many useless peers, you will have to search for any third party software that will allow you to do so. If you can get the same, then well and good. If not, then it is hard luck.

Well, it is very difficult to find such an application or software. Get used to how torrents work or you will not be able to use it properly.

I am having the same problem as yours. uTorrent connects to so many useless peers. Because of this, it takes a lot of time to download most of the files. There is a alternative to the torrent downloads. There many other downloads that are done through website links. Another technique is to use Rapidshare. Many of the users are switching to such downloads who feel their bandwidth being wasted.

Many a times, it is seen that when there are fake peers, they are blocked by the firewall that is installed in your system. Infact, this can be considered as a solution to eradicate the problem that uTorrent connects to so many useless peers. This download will not be able to complete in your system. So, you will ultimately get a new torrent file for the downloads.