Thread: Hiding IP address while using uTorrent

Hiding IP address while using uTorrent

It is very uncomfortable to use uTorrent because it reveals our IP address to other people. This can lead to a problem in security of the system when it is on the network. Because of this, I wanted to know that is there any possibility for hiding IP address while using uTorrent.

I think that this a security issue and so, I have also stopped downloading from quite a long time. If there is no such technique of hiding the IP, then how can the security breach be prevented. All possible replies and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Re: Hiding IP address while using uTorrent

I dont think that there is any method available for hiding IP address while using uTorrent. Revealing the IP is the method in which all the Torrent applications work. This is not just with uTorrent. I guess that you will have to work with the application as it not. Well, you will have to take all possible precautions, so that your computer will not be the victim of a security breach.

I method to hide IP address has been given on our forums already. You can have a look at the following thread for the solution on how to do the same:
    Is there any way for hiding my IP?
    I hope that it proves to be of some help for hiding IP address while using uTorrent. If you can find any such technique, it will be very helpful if you share the same here.

There must some third party application available for hiding IP address while using uTorrent. Search for the same on the internet and see if you can get any. If you can, then well and good. If not, then hard luck. I am pretty sure that there is no other manual method to hide the IPs while using any of the torrent applications. Anyways, you can try contacting the officials of any of these applications and mention them to provide this feature in the upcoming versions.

There is no need for hiding IP address while using uTorrent. The best security that is available to prevent any security problem in your system is to make sure to install a good firewall. Many of the users simply use the default Windows Firewall available. It is better to use some other firewall. My recommendation is to install Quick Heal Firewall because it comes along with its own antivirus, that is meant to be best in the world.

I am using uTorrent from quite long time and I have not felt any need for hiding IP address while using uTorrent. I have a firewall enabled in my system. I have been able to eradicate many hackers who have tried to gain access into my system with the help of this firewall. So, I guess that Vrushabh must also use the same method inorder to prevent any troubles in the system.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I have started the default Windows firewall in my system to get protection from any security issue that can arise in my system due to the torrent downloads in my system via uTorrent. I hope that my system remains safe with this technique. Anyways, I am searching for a third party software for hiding IP address while using uTorrent. I will let you guys know if I get such an application.