Thread: Problems with uTorrent Mac

Problems with uTorrent Mac

Hi friends, recently I've been using uTorrent, I love this program I feel great, but appeared a problem few days ago, notebooks were open but was not able to download or upload anything, could not navigate, did not open any page and spent time close and sometimes unable to navigate was to restart the PC. That could I want details about uTorrent for OS X. Especially for the upload. I wanted to know how to share files, and how to tell the uTorrent folder or my or my records that I want to share. For now I just upload THAT I download, it's very annoying especially for the quality of my ratio. Please help me to sort out my problem.

Re: Problems with uTorrent Mac

Delete folders lightly brings nothing good, by pure chance to erase the system is stabilized by reason whatever, but how to delete a folder that the operating system alone generates needs. Utorrent create a folder for his own use, and if this is by something, let it go. My advice is to turn down the settings for Utorrent, the more normal is that this saturating the computer with a high number of maximum connections and sources.

Yes, I understand that this is not normal, nor to delete the folder from time to time and having to climb all the torrent I'm downloading, sharing had a few but when the problem started let alone four, two completely unloaded and two they were down, so I do not think the system is saturated. It happens by chance and after much searching, delete that folder and reopen the folder utorrent is generated again and the problem disappeared.

Unlike the systems of traditional file sharing, its main objective is to provide an efficient way to distribute a single file to a large group of people, forcing everyone who download a file to share it with others. First is distributed by conventional means one small file with a. Torrent. This file is static, so often found in web pages or distributed by electronic mail . The file 'torrent' contains the address of a " server "search, which is responsible for locating potential sources for the file or part of it.

The library file or files you want is downloaded from the sources found by the search server, and while the download is done, you start to climb the sides of the file available to other sources, using the bandwidth allocated to it . Since the action of sharing begins even before completing the download of a file, each node will inevitably contribute to the distribution of this file. The system is responsible for rewarding those who share more, the higher the bandwidth the greater the number of connections to discharge nodes to be established.

The files that are distributed among the nodes, treat the file as a separation of it in a number of identically sized pieces, typically between 32 KB and 4 MB each. Each node performs a checksum (checksum) for each part, using the algorithm SHA -1, and storing it in the torrent file. Parts greater than 512 kB will reduce the size of a torrent file for each payload, but this would reduce the efficiency of the protocol. When another node later receives a particular piece, is performed checksum of the part which is compared with the checksum of the piece that is stored, to check that is free from error. The nodes that provide a complete file are called seeds (seeders) and the node that provides the initial copy of the file is called seed money (initial seeder).

The exact information that is contained in the torrent file, depending on the version of the BitTorrent protocol. By convention, the name of a torrent file has the suffix ". Torrent." Torrent files have a section called "notice", which specifies the URL of your central server, and an "Information" section, which contains the names of the files, their sizes, length of parts used, and the code hash SHA -1 for each of the pieces, all this information is used by clients to verify the integrity of the data received.

Once completed torrents files, are posted on a website or elsewhere, and are registered with an origin server which is called a tracker, it keeps the list of clients who are currently participating on the torrent file. Alternatively, in a decentralized system, each node acts as an origin server. This is being implemented by customers BitTorrent client , μTorrent , BitComet , KTorrent and Deluge , using methods of Distributed hash table (DHT). Azureus also supports tracing method is incompatible nodes.