Thread: Mac vs. Windows uTorrent speed

Mac vs. Windows uTorrent speed

I am having choice of using the operating systems. I have to select between Windows OS (Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7) or MAC OS X. The main thing for me is to download. So I will be using the uTorrent application for downloading the torrents. I am not having idea that which OS is better for utorrent. So thought that you guys must be knowing about it. Please tell me which OS would be suitable for utorrent speed.?

Re: Mac vs. Windows uTorrent speed

If your primary motive is to download, then I would like to suggest you to go for Windows based operating system. Even Mac is useful for that but after doing some test, I came to result that many times utorrent gets better speed in Windows rather than Mac. I have confirmed with about 5 torrents, each with a bunch of seeders. The mac version is consistently slower than the windows version and it doesn’t act upon speed limits I set on upload. I have it set to max 20kb/sec upload and its happily uploading at 40kb/sec.

Even I think the same as 'Jamaima' does. I have also used utorrent in Mac which was giving considerably low speed when compared to the Windows. So it would be better for you to use the Windows operating system. Before that you should also decide that you are using μTorrent or Transmission. Because I have never used Transmission and some of my friends told me that it is good. Anyone knowing about this post here. So that many will get help from here.

As you have probably read enough on the web, μTorrent is now available for Mac OS X beta version. This software, as its name implies, allows you to download torrents with a very simple interface has been greatly anticipated since the side of switchers is known for its lightness on Windows. Myself, I was very excited but by dint of waiting, I'm used to transmission and I had almost wanted to wait for this great application that I found when I used Windows. But I still decided to try to compare it with Transmission, which for me is really good.

From the outset, we find a familiar interface instead of the Mac environment, but the first disappointment in size, unlike transmission, we can not adapt the window size in number of torrents being downloaded. By cons, there are many options to display in columns, which lacks a bit on Transmission. At the dock, an icon rather ugly coupled with the lack of speed display on the icon ... Not bad. Big advantage for μTorrent for people like me who like to change at any time limitation on speed, everything is within reach on the main window as opposed to Transmission which everything is done in the preferences.

Some features present on Windows, has been strangely forgotten when porting the application on Mac OS X. The possibility of creating torrents is not present. Could also ask the application to turn off the Mac after all torrents are completed. I used this option often for downloads at night time. Otherwise, the two clients are quite similar but it is obviously impossible to remotely μTorrent remotely with its iPhone as is the case for Transmission.

Unlike Windows where μTorrent is much faster than its competitors, the speed is not better compared to Transmission. It must, of course, test all of this long-term. In terms of performance on the machine, μTorrent respects its status as thin client occupies only twenty megabytes, like Transmission.

If you change frequently and want to manage your upload speeds so you can adjust it by torrent torrent in Transmission by clicking on the folder, no need to go to Prefs etc ... Or you can configure the slow mode at your leisure and a click you can switch from one to the other. Thank you for your return on software in any case, it saves me time, instead of dl, install and test it, I just read to see that I still keep a small transmission time.

You can also adjust the speed with one click on Transmission. In the bottom left, next to the turtle is a button control, with speeds of transmission and reception, among others. For me, Transmission is far outweighed the "beta" of uTorrent. The programming simplicity of the interface, updates, etc. ... The only thing I miss uTorrent is the super integration of RSS, with the system adjusted. Maybe it will be integrated later. I noticed a bug in uTorrent, it is super long to update the torrent with the tracker. A new addition is unavailable for several hours at home.

μTorrent is my choice for two main reasons, speed and lightness. It connects to sources at high speed and start downloading them before anyone else. Although Transmission is not a resource eater, μTorrent also exceeds it. We have the experience of the developers of the best BitTorrent client for Windows, now on the Mac If we add to all this is still in beta, the possibilities are endless. Just μTorrent is a work of art in Windows, you should not underestimate an application to have a successful Windows version (Windows ... tranmission). It is normal for a beta application failures, but also expose bugs in Transmission and it is already stable. I stay with my beta is going like a shot and I take the wait to get sources and beach ball while I wait 40 seconds every time I close it.