Thread: Can I make uTorrent the default torrent download program

Can I make uTorrent the default torrent download program

My computer is running Windows XP operating system with an internet connection of 2 Mbps. I wanted to know that can I make utorrent the default torrent download program. Actually, I am having 2 download programs, that is the torrent applications in my system. They are uTorrent and Bit Torrent.

Please provide the required information along with the technique as soon as possible.

Re: Can I make uTorrent the default torrent download program

I suggest you to have a look at the following thread because it provides information on how you can make uTorrent the default torrent download program. But, it depends on the browser that you are using.
    How to set uTorrent as the default torrent in Firefox?
    I hope that it proves to be of some help to do the technique that you are trying.

There is a method in Windows operating systems to set the particular type of application that must open a set of associated files. You will have to right-click on a torrent file. Here, select Open With. Here, you will get a list of applications that can be used to open your torrent file. You will have to select uTorrent here. Now, before clicking on OK, you have to put a check on the option given as "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

After you make uTorrent the default torrent download program, there is one more thing that has to be done. You have to go to the option for Preferences. There you will get a tab called General. Under that, an option will be provided saying associate with torrent files. This option has to be selected. Since, your system is running Windows XP, you will not have any problems while doing the same. Thus, no additional settings have to be done.

All the above posts have given proper replies on how you can make uTorrent the default torrent download program. Well, what if you want to use Bit Torrent, that is the other torrent application that you are having? It is very simple and very similar to the technique that you have already used. Right-click on the torrent file and there, select Bit Torrent. Remember that the option that saysAlways use the selected program to open this kind of file Always use the selected program to open this kind of file must be unchecked.

Making uTorrent the default torrent download program is similar as it is done for the other applications and programs. I thought that there is some other method to do it. Anyways, thanks for all your suggestions and comments on this particular topic. This is a successful method, that is the Open With method. I have made uTorrent as an application to start download in a default manner.