Thread: How do I launch a program when a torrent finished

How do I launch a program when a torrent finished

I am using uTorrent from quite a long time. I have come to know that there is a particular feature in this application. I require information on how do I launch a program when a torrent finished. I know that this particular facility is available with this application. But, I have not been able to find it till now.

It would have been very helpful if anyone can provide me the required information immediately. I am waiting for any possible replies and suggestions.

Re: How do I launch a program when a torrent finished

The feature that helps to launch a program when a torrent finished is run this program when a download finishes. You can set the programs accordingly for each download that finishes. It lowers the tasks of the users. So, you will be able to most of your tasks automatically, rather than manually. Well, you will have to find this option in the application itself.

There is a simpler way to launch a program when a torrent finished. You simply have a create a batch file for this purpose. You will have to call the required application in the batch file after any particular download is done. Thus, you will have to do this for every other download, if you wish to start any program after the download is done. This is quite similar as using the built-in feature that is given in the above post.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

The syntax to get to the command line arguments that are used in batch files to launch a program when a torrent finished are in the manner of %a %b %c and so on. The batch files are the simplest technique that can be used for this method of launching a program, but only if you cannot get the particular feature in the torrent application that you are having.

The users who are not aware or who do not know how to write a batch file must not try doing the same because writing wrong batch files can cause problematic changes in the system. You have mentioned that you are uTorrent. This torrent application contains the facility to launch a program when a torrent finished and using it is quite better than wasting time in writing a batch file.

All your replies and suggestions gave me an idea on how to launch a program when a torrent finished. Well, it would have been very much helpful if anyone could have provided me with the contents of the batch file because I am not aware on how to write a batch file. I have searched for a third party software or application for the same on the web, but I cannot find one.