Thread: uTorrent Mac client using 100% CPU

uTorrent Mac client using 100% CPU

I am proud for the first official Beta uTorrent is now available for download, I've been testing it all morning and goes like a shot. A thousand times better than Azureus.!! I've never seen my torrents download fast. 2 weeks ago spoke of uTorrent with crossover and I no longer needed because the best bittorrent client for Mac and have it officially. But I am not able to understand that the CPU goes to 100%.?? I am having MAC OS X as operating system. So anyone over there has the similar problem, please provide some solutions if you know.!

Re: uTorrent Mac client using 100% CPU

Many Mac users are facing this problem. This problem arise mostly because of the firewall that are activated in Mac OS X. So I would like to recommend you to first turn off all the firewalls. I am sure that your problem will get solved. Anyways I would like to tell you that the Mac firewall won't affect uTorrent. Because I am using it and I am not having any problem in downloading with utorrent. If you are using some another application like Peerguardian, then that could be the problem. So I would like to suggest you to remove it (or another similar applications) and then try again.

We have repeatedly named the best torrent client for Mac OS X, especially if we could download transmission in a new version. But we have never explained how to configure it to get the most out of the torrents. It is important to note that for a perfect operation of the program needs to be altered both Transmission options as in our router.

There are some options that speak for themselves, but others are not so obvious. A good example is that by default Transmission downloads the files in the downloads, and so unless we open transmission can not know if the download is incomplete. It is therefore advisable to check the "Save data incomplete" and create a folder where you want to be called "Download Incomplete" (for example). In this way we will only have downloads folder downloads completed.

If you browse with Safari and downloads a file. Torrent this is automatically added to the folder "Downloads." With all this option checked, Transmission, identify these files automatically begin downloading and delete the file. The first option we have checked enable us to contribute to a better torrent network. The remaining options are really "taste." The important thing is to dial the first option and Torrent network do the best P2P network.

UTorrent client "is a much more complete than Transmission? Where do you get that statement? uTorrent is much lighter and consumes far fewer resources, but more complete ... for now. Yes, the program is opened in a twinkling of an eye, is very reactive and in my opinion a very clean interface, but lacks some finishing touches. The download speed is very good, and although it is true to xTorrent (for your user experience and search engine more than anything), I must admit that it strikes with uTorrent downloading,

Lately I'm using BitTorrent, because the last update of Transmission was giving me problems. According to the image, the interface of uTorrent (which seems rather a combination of BitTorrent with Transmission) looks like we have a torrent manager's no comparison. I do not share what is said of Transmission, I have long since I have always downloaded pearls. Those who say that you suck all the bandwidth in Preferences is a regulator for that. I have reached peak 1000kB with 20MB Transmission line and Tele2.

I had this program for PC (even when used for that) and the truth that I was not going very well, I would change the eMule cool. For now I have the eMule Mac, it's not going too bad. I am new to this Mac and would appreciate a little help. I just bought an Imac which is perfect, a machine, but it is under me and I put utorrent to download and my surprise that when it takes 10 min or so, I stopped several shots and tells me the disc is full, and has more than 400Gb free, wanted to know if someone else happens and how I can fix it. With the transmission problem but does not slow down much more, thanks.