Thread: Why is uTorrent in Windows so much faster than on Mac

Why is uTorrent in Windows so much faster than on Mac

I am having Windows Vista operating system on my laptop and Mac OS on my desktop. I want to know that why is uTorrent in Windows so much faster than on Mac. This is because I have tried using this Torrent application on both the systems and I am getting the speed on the Windows system more than the Mac system. The speed difference is great.

I can get about 300 Kbps on Windows and only about 180 Kbps on Mac. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is this a genuine situation? Please reply soon.

Re: Why is uTorrent in Windows so much faster than on Mac

I dont think that uTorrent in Windows much faster than on Mac. Actually, the speed of the torrent file depends on the seedings and the peers that you receive. Well, make sure that you get the best seeds and peers for a particular file that you are downloading. The file that you are downloading in Mac may be having less seeds and peers than the one in the Windows.

I have experienced the same thing as Wamil. The uTorrent in Windows are so much faster than on Mac. I have searched the internet and found out that the statistics reveals the same result. Well, there has been no reason for why this is happening. I think that the Torrent applications support the Windows operating systems more. This may be because these applications were basically made to support Windows and not Mac.

uTorrent in Windows is so much faster than on Mac because the ports may not be forwarded. I have forwarded the ports as they should be and I am not facing any difference in the download speeds in both the operating systems. I guess that you should also try forwarding the ports and after that check out the speed. Just let me know if you can find a difference after the port forwarding is done.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Are you using the Utorrent that is developed for Windows on Mac OS as well? If this is so, then this is why the uTorrent in Windows so much faster than on Mac. In the market, there are Utorrent applications developed on the basis of operating systems available. This means that the Utorrent for Windows and Mac are different. So, get the Torrent application that has been developed and thus, you will be able to get proper speeds.