Thread: Optimal Torrent Settings and Advanced Options

Optimal Torrent Settings and Advanced Options

I acquire the Network OK MSG. I comprise port 54712 forwarded. I have Windows XP Pro SP1 on a Toshiba Satellite 1130 that's a P4 based Celeron 1.8 GHz by means of 256mb RAM. I include no eye candy on my system and encompass it tweaked to the max by means of various speed tweaks for most excellent CPU and ram presentation. And by means of certain confidential trackers I max out my download and upload speeds but by means of public trackers (particularly torrentbox) it's slow as hell. Anyway I desire to be familiar with what are the optimal settings for torrent alternative and in addition some of the advanced alternative such as: diskio.write_queue_size which is currently set to -1 and a few additional things for optimal presentation.

Re: Optimal Torrent Settings and Advanced Options

I have a 512/128 correlation (64/16 in kilobytes) on a Billion BIPAC 5100 (similar as a 5100W without wireless) ADSL/Modem 4-Port Router. It's not compulsory on portforward.com to set a static lan ip for the 5100W model and that's what I have completed. I read a at the same time as ago that a static lan ip was most excellent in addition by means of the 5100 model Billion BIPAC router as well when using Bit Torrent for a number of reason. So that's how I encompass it set. So fundamentally the DHCP server is twisted off in my router config and in network connections in Internet Protocol tcp/ip properties for the LAN (essentially my net correlation) things such as the IP, gateway IP, DNS servers, etc are physically set as an alternative of being determined by the DHCP server and which port the network patch cable is in.

The maximum invariable download or upload speeds I am able to get in excess of Bit Torrent are 53-54/12-13. I frequently set my upload to 9 when downloading and 11-13 when seeding depending if I am doing no matter which else on the net (or somebody else is). Sometimes I determine to set my download to 50kb/s for the reason that on a number of private trackers my speed determine to completely max out and I would not even be capable to surf the net if speed conditions are too superior so 50kb/s down and 9kb/s up is almost certainly the optimal down and up speeds for me. At present I presently necessitate to run out some additional settings such as: Is it actually necessary to facilitate UPnP on my router so that programs such as uTorrent and additional be able to do the port forwarding for me. Does it actually affect presentation at the entire. Because I have forwarded it physically.

As for Network alternative as mentioned on top of port is 54712. The Randomise port is off as is UPnP as port is forwarded physically. The whole thing else I have mentioned on top of or set to defaulting. Several possibility of finding out what I am able to do by means of additional of the advanced alternative. For illustration what might net.max_halfopen = 8 be set to and what is it for accurately. Is it type of similar to what the lvllord SP2 tcpip.sys patch takes be concerned of in SP2. What be able to I set diskio.write_queue_size to. And what does it do accurately. Has somebody written down what every of these settings does, what they be able to be set to and what setting them to additional than their defaulting would do.

One additional thing by means of advanced alternative be able to I edit together the gui.ulrate_menu & gui.dlrate_menu’s. And contain what I set them to have an effect. I am familiar with that they are type of similar to the identical thing as by means of Azureus on the other hand. I do not have a correlation that reaches 500kB/s so I was hoping to be capable to set them in augmentation up to 64 for download as 512 kilobits = 64 kilobytes and 16 for upload as 128 kilobits = 16 kilobytes. I do not get the point of having this sophisticated alternative there if you cannot do anything by means of them so I suspect that they are there for people to tweak. It would be presently superior to be familiar with what they do.

I have Win XP PRo Corp by means of SP1. So how it determine to net.max_half_open run through no necessitate to patch tcpip.sys?K. Lowered no. of max associations to 40 is that what you predestined. What regarding numeral of associated peers per torrent. Uncheded the 90% thing. Set 3 upload slots and set max energetic torrents to 2). In view of the fact that you do not encompass to patch tcpip.sys, you be able to theoretically set it as high as you desire, but 70 be supposed to be additional than adequate. Max connections/torrent to 40, global at 150 (presently in case you comprise to force a small number of or whatever).

I am having the similar difficulty here I noticed that the additional time it took me to download the torrent the supplementary wasted MBs I am getting. If you got an explanation or figured out the reason please position it here I had recently 700 Mb file downloaded by means of wasted 600 Mb - that was due network not running appropriately (lan on my side) I speculation, and for the reason that of the large numeral of seeds in swarm sending bad data. Secondly, if you permit LOTS of connections per torrent and/or numerous upload slots per torrent (resulting in <3 KB/sec per upload slot) then you augment the odds and amount of wasted data particularly as the torrent finishes.