Thread: Hash check turns up files as corrupt when they're not with uTorrent 2.0

Hash check turns up files as corrupt when they're not with uTorrent 2.0

I am facing a particular problem while using the Torrent application for downloads. The issue is that the hash check turns up files as corrupt when they're not with uTorrent 2.0. Actually, this particular check is done to check if the file has been downloaded completely or if there are some missing, so that they can be done again. I have tried this same application on various computers having different configurations, including the various operating systems like Windows XP, Windows Vista as well as Windows 7. But, I guess that uTorrent 2.0 has some problem associated with it.

Re: Hash check turns up files as corrupt when they're not with uTorrent 2.0

If the Hash check turns up files as corrupt when they're not with uTorrent 2.0, then you must stop doing that check. It is possible that there is some bug with this feature of this version of the application. Well, if you really want to do this check, then you must use some other version of Utorrent. Is the file working fine if the hash check is not done? If yes, then why do the check? I suggest that you must avoid doing the hash check.

When you purposely and unknowingly skip the files for downloading, the situation that you are encountering, that is the hash check turns up files as corrupt when they're not with uTorrent 2.0 can occur. Make sure that you are including all the files for the download. May be the files are skipped without your notice and you are getting the particular errors.

I am not facing any such problems like the hash check turns up files as corrupt when they're not with uTorrent 2.0. But, I am using the 1.8.5 version. So, I guess that you must start using this version. I do not know if you can downgrade to this older version. Try downgrading or simply download this version. It is of very less space.

I hope that your problems will be solved after that. If you are still facing the problem with this version also, then just let me know about the same.

Do you have any media indexers on your system? This is because if you have them, all your music files will be retagged and you will not know about it. I have faced the same problem that hash check turns up files as corrupt when they're not with uTorrent 2.0. I started removing the media indexers and to my surprise the problem was eradicated on its own.

The problem that the hash check turns up files as corrupt when they're not with uTorrent 2.0 has been solved now. The issue was that the copy of the torrent application that I was having was corrupt. I have downloaded a new copy now and the situation has been eradicated, to my surprise. Anyways, all your replies were very helpful. Thanks for the same.