Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

ATI Catalyst 10.6 results in Flash video crash/bsod

Technology & Internet

Old 18-06-2010

ATI Catalyst 10.6 results in Flash video crash/bsod

Until last week my computer was running absolutely fine and I was able to play videos on every browser I have. It first occurred when I installed ATI Catalyst 10.6 on my computer. When I try to play online videos, it either crashes or a blue screen appears to me. This lasts for few seconds and it automatically restarts the computer once again. Sometimes I am able to play the videos but it appears green although the sound works fine. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers once again, but the problem persists.

Old 18-06-2010

Re: ATI Catalyst 10.6 results in Flash video crash/bsod

Okay, I tried the same thing and installed newer version of Catalyst driver, but when I try to play any video on YouTube I don't have any crashes or blue screen of death. I think it is only happening to you. It also seems to be compatibility problem with your graphics card. May be it is not supported.
Old 18-06-2010

Ok thanks for checking the same thing on your end. I found something unusual on my end. Whenever I try to play any video that is embedded on any website, I am able to play the complete video, but if I try to play the same video on YouTube my computer either crashes or gives a blue screen to me. I suppose there is something uncommon on my side.
Old 18-06-2010

That is certainly related to specific to your device (graphics card or Windows or codecs). Did you tried to install the latest Windows updates? May be it is conflicting with the drivers. Try to install the codecs just to be sure if you don't require any of it. I have seen the similar problem with my old video card. Later on I realized that it occurred due to Avivo error.
Old 18-06-2010

Have you ever modified your BIOS? Something you might changed related to powerplay? It may have been affecting you now. I have the same drivers installed and everything in the BIOS is to the defaults. Nothing has happened until today while playing online videos or playing any games. Make sure you have the same thing.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , ,