Thread: Create torrent-file via command line

Create torrent-file via command line

I have read that the we can create torrent-file via command line. I am very interested in knowing more about it. When I searched it on an Internet, I didn't get any appropriate solutions. Is it possible to load a torrent from a command line? I am expecting some response from your side as soon as possible, since I am very curious about it. Any other information related to the topic would be grateful.

Re: Create torrent-file via command line

Of course. To upload a torrent from a command line with uTorrent, you should not put backslashes at the beginning of the path where you save the torrent, because, otherwise, the program would not be able to process your charge. Whether it is a torrent of a single file or if there are several, if you follow these steps.
    Therefore, there should be this: utorrent.exe / directory "C: \ path to save the file" D: \ Some folder \ su.torrent "

When you open up Synaptic (or any package manager) in our GNU / Linux can find thousands of packages, so it is logical that some of the best tools to our eyes go unnoticed. But that's not the thing. Besides the official repositories for each distribution, we can find hundreds of thousands of applications across the network for our friend the Penguin. It is curious that the average user to make an excuse the fact that "no program" to GNU / Linux, when in fact the problem is the opposite, there are too many!.

Bittorrents is a protocol for transferring files over p2p. Users share files between them, connecting with each other through a server (Tracker), once users connected to one another, swap parts of the files to complete. Bittorrents When a user is downloading a file it also is rising at the same time, up only the files you are downloading, this makes bittorrent a program capable of providing speeds much higher than its competitors and therefore the best option for download all types of files.

Anyway, I just sought to report that I was able to lucratively get this working on my server for a software delivery/tracking application I'm making. Basically I was able to script the conception of a torrent using Create Torrent and then append it to a copy of Azureus/Vuze that I have running in command-line mode on the server. I then scripted it to use telnet to log in to Azureus (had to use telnet to sustain potentially numerous log-ins at once from the server performing various tasks) and host the torrent and track it.

I need to run this client command line, I put the - url and - save as, but the download does not start. Bittorrent opens but does nothing. Commands in addition to what I have to put these to work properly? I have tried many things but nothing is working. Hope that you guys should be knowing some solutions for this.!! Please help me, I am in real trouble.

It would be better if you elaborate your problem little bit. Just post the commands that you have tried for solving the problem. Maybe you are doing some silly mistake that can be corrected by anyone hanging out here, which is having idea about the commands. So, if you want some quick response, provide the commands that you tried as fast as you can.!! I will definitely try to help you.

Well, it seems that the problem is local addresses for torrents. I tried to put the local address in the following ways and do not work :
    • c: \ archive.torrent
    • c: archive.torrent
    • file: / / / c: / archive.torrent
    • file: / / / c: archive.torrent
    • c: / archive.torrent

More ways of putting it?

I think that you should try with double quotes:
    "C: \ archivo.torrent"

There are chances that the problem is not the syntax, maybe the option of bitrorrent, you have to use the option - instead responsefile – url.