Thread: Some torrent crashing on UL/DL

Some torrent crashing on UL/DL

I am using Bittorent and there are some files which are uploaded by my friends on a site in Asia. I had here on my system created a server and added some files so he can also download the same. Now I am finding that some torrents are crashing on UL/DL. I need some help in finding out the UL/DL ratio. I had created this torrents for the first time and I am not aware about the process involved in this. Is there a accelerator for this.

Re: Some torrent crashing on UL/DL

The UL/DL ratio depends on the server from where you are taking or sending a file. So here you have to checkout the same in your Torrent client settings. Usually the settings are set by default and you does need to do much here. But if you are also limited by your ISP then you might face some issue like crashing or failing of the torrent file. You can check that.

Check your server speed first. Run any monitoring software and find out weather your system is providing a stable connection or not. That can also be a reason for crashing of the torrent files. There can be some services in your system which can be cause of the same. Do you have any security application like a firewall or antivirus software which prevents the same.

Try to reboot your modem and if you have a low grade internet plan then upgrade that to higher version if you are going to use this forever. Sharing files with BitTorrent is relatively easy because unlike other applications peer-to-peer BitTorrent uses no shared folder. You must understand first the working for torrent so that you can find out where is the issue lying.

There are three possibilities which comes under a torrent process. The first is a tracker who is responsible for coordinating the connections between peers. The width of the bandwidth required is very low when one takes into account the size of files shared. Then comes a web server that stores and manages the file. Torrent. This is a very small file that peers can start to seek their transfer. And the last is broadcaster which is one from the only three elements that really holds the file contents.

Basically you do not create a torrent to a tracker that you do not have access permission. If you intend to run a tracker you should first upload your file. Torrent on the website is associated with it so that the whole community can benefit. Choose what you want to share. A torrent can contain a single file or directory composed of several files. Do not create archive.

Run maketorrent if you share a single file. Click on the button file or click on the folder button. In either case, a dialog box will appear asking you to select the file or folder you want to share. Type the URL that the ad tracker in the space provided for that purpose or use the dropdown menu to choose among the most popular existing trackers. Choose the size of pieces or just accept the default value

Basically you do not create a torrent to a tracker that you do not have access permission. If you intend to run a tracker you should first upload your file. Torrent on the website is associated with it so that the whole community can benefit. Choose what you want to share. A torrent can contain a single file or directory composed of several files. Do not create archive.