Thread: Torrent won't connect to peers

Torrent won't connect to peers

Each time I connect u-torrent, my browser becomes a real nuisance. Pages displayed with a slow and it is no question that you can watch a video on u-tube, even if u-torrent did that can of activity. whereas if I downloaded a file, even large with Firefox (eg a driver) I arrive at rates of more than 250 KB and most of the times i even get the error message which states that Torrent won't connect to peers How to solve this problem.

Re: Torrent won't connect to peers

Quite normal for use should flow down but also a flow amount for each packet reception has been there a receipt and as utorrent uses the full bandwidth throughput amount just your upload limited to 10 or 20 Kb / s or squarely cut unless you want to share more Right click on the bottom right rR limit your receipt and flow (of course it does not affect the upload).
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

In these circumstances, if your router is freebox, then your computer already configured with a fixed IP network (192.168.0.1 or similar). Then redirect the ports 6881 and 6889, for example your computer. Reboot port heads (with azureus possible), if it's good, it should work. If you want to remove the router mode of freebox, then go to your configuration page and removed the router. Reboot.

Yet I have tried everything it was possible to do, with or without a router, with or without a static IP, changing the port other than 6881, but with a router behind the freebox, Always and without firewall. With different BitTorrent clients (the bo liked Azureus, but without results so far), tests performed using two different connections and under different OS Win2K and Linux Mandrake 10.1

But I think I understand where it stuck, it might be that I disable the DHCP service of the Freebox ( to do at Free). Yet it seemed to me not necessarily insurmountable, I have on my company's network (which I administer), after the Freebox, a software router with DHCP enabled and yet part of PC, network and plotter machines CNC have fixed IP, the others being served by the router and nothing stuck.

This is to say that if the concept of labor-saving BitTorrent servers it does not really flowing source client side ... and even less available to the first comer. Apart from those who would be tempted to use so I do not see unsavory interest. I may be a way out, on WinXP OS used by my daughter (yes I have not managed to convince her) it would seem possible to set an alternate configuration for the network adapters

This is to say that if the concept of labor-saving BitTorrent servers it does not really flowing source client side ... and even less available to the first comer. The doc on Bittorrent makes it clear that, by default, ports 6112, 3724 and 6881-6999 (an entire range to allow connections from other users) must be opened.