Thread: How to set uTorrent as the default torrent in Firefox?

How to set uTorrent as the default torrent in Firefox?

I have changed the location of utorrent.exe and after that I am not able to open the utorrent in the Firefox. I mean that I am not able to open it as default. Forcefully I have to chose save to disk or I need configure another path. In short I want t know how to set the utorrent as the default torrent in Firefox, because I am really annoyed to see the download option in my Firefox. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Re: How to set uTorrent as the default torrent in Firefox?

I have recently installed Opera. But now I use utorrent to download torrents and the problem is that Opera incorporates a system for downloading torrents. So, when I want to download a torrent, this does utorrent opens more but the software run by Opera. I want to know how to change the opening of a stream and return to open with utorrent? Such as with firefox!
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Being myself even in Opera here is the solution: To download a torrent you do right click on the link and then save that to launch the torrent file, utorrent should open opera. "If that does not open Utorrent torrent with it, as it must define the default program for Torrent, you do right click on a file. Torrent and then properties and then Change and there you can choose utorrent.

Well, I am not saying that the above solution is not going to work but I am having the better solution. Go to Tools then to Preferences then to Advanced and then to Downloads: and then Add: Mime type = "application / x-bittorrent" Extension: "torrent" and Open with another application "Address of the application on your pc". That is, restart Opera, click on a link ... It starts in your bittorrent client.

I have not found this subject among the posts and apologize in advance if it has already been addressed. So, I installed utorrent but I do not know how to configure it to make it work. As you can know, from my question that I am new bee to this utorrent. Can anybody provide the solution for this simple problem? I will be really thankful.

In fact nothing special just beginning to indicate your internet connection and the destination file! It is excellent for torrents and includes also some sites by default. In fact when it is installed and you decide to download a torrent on any site a window appears
    1. Download directly
    2. Download just the torrent link in a record set earlier!
    I advise you to create any folder. AND NOTHING ELSE! Although, the system stream is based on the reference that you are downloading.

Three days ago when I open the software for download Utorrent stops the connection on my Firefox, Opera, IE, and I do not know for what and when I did leave and that this closes the connection Utorrent on my browsers this is really weird experience. Is there any solution for this problem or any idea why this problem is occurring?