Thread: Block utorrent on company network

Block utorrent on company network

I am sorry to ask this but I need to ask this, I want to block one of my team member from downloading contents from the site. He was told not to download any content from the site but he is doing the same. Actually our company is having the Satellite internet and this dominates the bandwith most of the time. If anybody uses the utorrent kill our VOIP. Hence I need to know how to block utorrent on company network.

Re: Block utorrent on company network

If you want to block any site on your company’s network then you can configure your router according to that, or you can try to password protect the router. You can also try to disable the UPnP if it has that kind of setting. Normally these kinds of setting are used for blocking the traffic that is not recognized. You can also impose the bandwidth limitation on his computer.

If you are having access to his computer then you can alter the advance setting of utorrent in such a manner that it will not work. If you limit the half open the connection to one then it will reduce the speed and it cannot be seen from the settings. Then alter the outgoing port to blocking and outgoing IP to the LAN. I am sure after altering the settings he will not be able to access the utorrent.

I am responsible for administering the system of multi-media center and I face the problem with working of bandwidth by downloading that is initiated by users through utorrent. In fact, only download via the browser are enabled. I create limited accounts but utorrent without problem. Hence I need to uninstall all the time.

I thought that by blocking the download that software would be the best solution. The problem now is that the firewall of XP is activated but it does not block. From the moment the machines are not very efficient I am afraid that installing software like ZoneAlarm to block these programs does benefit. Connection is obtained through the Orange Livebox. I tried to configure the firewall. The administration interface of my version is very different from that presented in the tutorial on the web.

Configuration in the LiveBox, you have various settings of the firewall:
    In "Security", "firewall":
    1. Minimum
    2. Medium (filter input)
    3. High (filtering input and output)
    4. Custom (filter set)

You can easily play with these options, the latter allowing you to configure the opening of ports as you feel. Do not hesitate to be very strict. For Windows firewall, I do not know if this is possible with a limited account, but μTorrent are able to ask the firewall to open ports that are going well, upnp etc. Otherwise, to have good control of Web access, do you see the installation of a good old proxy?
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I want to use μTorrent optimally but I worry about the port. μTorrent tells me that the port is not properly configured (small orange triangle warning), so I download at 10kb / s with a connection to 2MB. I am trying to hack into my page box, but I understand nothing between the parameters of the LAN server and firewall. Does anyone could tell me how to open this port correctly please?

I having problem with the utorrent. The downloading speed I am getting is 0.2 kb / s which is not normal. I think this is because my port is mis-configured. I tried to open a port range in my router (Netgear WGR 614) but nothing helped. I also use the software pfconfig but no results. What should I do to resolve this issue? Thank you to all who can help me.