Thread: Problem to add ymail/yahoo account in Thunderbird

Problem to add ymail/yahoo account in Thunderbird

Hi guys ! I have some difficulties with the thunderbird and my yahoo id. Actually, I am unable to add my Ymail or yahoo account to Thunderbird and occurring some issues and when I need to connect and add then some message getting occurred that my issues ID or Password are wrong . Why it is going on like this ? if I wanted to login in yahoo account from yahoo then everything is running very fine . Any help would be appreciated and thanks to you for any assistance..

Re: Problem to add ymail/yahoo account in Thunderbird

I am also running with this one closest issue but having some really big stuck. It is pop in the uk, I don't require 'plus' and my some other yahoo (a .co.uk) works very well with my email client - yahoo have published that the pop configurations to use for 'ymail.com' in the UK, they just don't work!! If you have not worked upon this before and got such type of difficulties then please suggest me some effective solution .....???

In order to work with a different email program, like Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Thunderbird, if you are running with Yahoo Mail then you require POP3. This is free in the UK but in the US you should pay me for Yahoo Mail Plus. This is also needed when you try to transfer the mail with the help of smtp or pop3 to different online email. When you do that then you can configure the servers suggested as follow:

Incoming (pop3) - plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com (UK pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk)
    Outgoing (smtp) - plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (UK smpt.mail.yahoo.co.uk)

I didn't used Outlook Express before and quite frankly never got the concept within this .. I am an MSN user but got rid of the MSN Internet Explorer browser a long time before. I have checked the Email through my Firefox browser.

I have downloaded the TB and would need to use this but everytime and I try to configure it up, I just don't get the procedures stated by the MozillaZine forum and I tagged a question over a week before but never find an answer..My primary mail for years has been yahoo and I need to be able to pull the Yahoo and MSN email to TB.. Can someone here help me to get a good grip on configuring it up ?

You need to open the Thunderbird and move to the Tools menu => acount settings. Once the windows would be open , Click on the Add Account button and follow the suggested steps.

The name of the account could be: Yahoo Mail and the SERVER SETTINGS would be as follows :

Server name: pop.mail.yahoo.com
    Port 110 (default)
    Check gor new messages at startup YES
    Check for new messages every (?)minutes YES
    Automatically download new messages: YES

That is commonly what you should do. Also you have to be available with an Outgoing server (SMTP) that is also configurable from the Account settings window.