Thread: "Add request pending" issue in Yahoo Messenger

"Add request pending" issue in Yahoo Messenger

I dont know whats wrong with my Yahoo Messenger. Am using YM as a chat client from a long time and had no issue before in this period. But yesterday, one of my friend has sent me friend request for the first time and went offline, after some time i accepted the request but still i can see a line in-front of his name stating "add request pending" even after he is online, although he appears invisible on my screen. Could you guys suggest me something ?

Re: "Add request pending" issue in Yahoo Messenger

Really a strange issue. I think both two of you have to remove each other entirely from yahoo contacts and then any one of you must resend the friend to request to the other to be added and on the other hand, he must accept the application and then the request sender should confirm the receipt. It is a boring resolution but the fact is it fixed the same problem for many users.

That notification states that you sent friend request to add someone as a friend or vice versa but they have not replied your request yet and it is in Pending case. In your case, may be your friend (the sender) might not have confirmed your acceptance yet, and hence it is showing “add request pending”. Once he will confirm your acceptance, the message will disappear.

At whatever time he logs again, the buddy will perceive the notification that you have accepted his request and once he will confirm, the person will appear online on your screen.

Concerning the notification "add request pending", there is not anything that you must worry...your friend must confirm that you have accepted the request, regarding which he might have got notification once you have accepted and he will do it if he had sent you request. So relax...

If you are getting this message even after his confirmation than there might be any problem with the YM client. To fix it you need to reinstall the Yahoo Messenger again and better install the latest version of Yahoo messenger.