Thread: "An error occurred throwing an exception" message in Firefox

"An error occurred throwing an exception" message in Firefox

People I am facing some problem with the Mozilla firefox which is installed on my computer. I have a desktop computer installed with Windows 7 operating system. The problem which I am facing is that whenever I start the browser on the computer, it gives error message saying "An error occurred throwing an exception". I cant figure out why I am getting such error and hence need your help. Thanks in advance.

Re: "An error occurred throwing an exception" message in Firefox

I suspect that there is some problem with the version of the browser which is installed on the computer. For any application to work properly on the computer, all the files which are associated to the application should work properly. If any of the file associated to the browser is not working properly, then the application is bound to give such errors. Remove the current installed version from the computer and then install the application again on the computer.

There are high chances that the system which you are using is corrupted with some kind of virus which is creating such problem. Virus's have the tendency to create such problems in proper working of the computer. Hence download and install some antivirus application and then scan the system with it. Repair or quarantine all the files which are infected. Check if the system is working properly after repairing the infected files.

Before you do any troubleshooting on the browser, check the settings of the browser. It is possible that the JavaScript is disabled on the browser and hence such error is being faced. Go to settings and open the content tab. Now see if the check mark from the JavaScript is removed or not. If it is removed, then enable it again and save the settings. Restart the browser and see if the same problem persists.

Are there any applications installed on the browser? if yes then start firefox in safe mode and see if you are getting the same error message. To open firefox in safe mode click on Start menu and then select Run. In run type firefox.exe/safe mode" and hit enter. See if the firefox is giving the same error while working in safe mode.

Try changing the home page on the browser. It is possible that the home page which you have kept is trying to load certain elements which are not supported by the browser. Therefore go to settings and change the website which you have kept for home page. Then see this if the same problem persists.

As suggested I reinstalled the Mozilla firefox on the computer and now the browser is working properly. I suspect that the version of the firefox installed on the computer was creating problem and hence reinstallation of the browser solved the problem. Now the home page of the browser is set as about blank and hence no more loading of pages occur.