Thread: Webmail issue dropped by imap

Webmail issue dropped by imap

I seem to be having a problem by means of webmail on the entire of my sites this morning. When I go to domain.com/webmail I am brought to the standard screen of where I am able to select SquirrelMail or RoundCube to create certain my email. When I hit it off on SquirrelMail as I generally utilize I get an error message: ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server. When I hit it off on RoundCube the browser looks similar to it's trying to load something but by no means on one occasion leaves the page and the browser says in the substructure "Waiting for domain.com" The whole thing was running without a problem as of yesterday evening. I am working with cPanel 11.25.0-R43473 / WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9 on Redhat Enterprise 3 by means of CSF Firewall.

Re: Webmail issue dropped by imap

I encompass 3 VPS servers by means of this difficulty this morning, the entire which started subsequent to the cPanel bring up to date overnight. The IMAP is failing and cannot restart: I encompass submitted it to my host for hold up or maintain. If I get a fix, I determine to share it by means of you. My host fixed one of my servers, at present they are fixing my additional two. So there is a predicament/and a fix.

In view of the fact that you are using a dissimilar version or version of RH, you would necessitate to issue a dissimilar command. I am working with cPanel 11.25.0-R43473 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9. The REDHAT 9 i686 virtuozzo. Presently in case somebody one else is searching for the Webmail errors: appreciation for all the comments. I might not locate anything on how to fix it so I have in addition created a ticket with my host (The Planet) I determine to pass your "fix" on to them as well and observe if that makes several dissimilarity.

It comes into view as if Imap is essentially working on this apparatus (observe output from a basic port test.) I have in addition run /scripts/restartsrv_imap which seems to restart the service extremely well. One thing I do become aware of is that the grsec kernel come into view to be moderately destructive and might be causing problem by means of this apparatus. If you are seeing previous hangs and similar, I would recommend rebooting under a standard kernel and seeing if the persist in arrange to isolate the opportunity that this is grsec related. You determine to make a note of in the 'dmesg' output that it's been sending sig 11's to MySQL moderately frequently which be supposed to not be happening at the entire.

That is not the reason of this problem. They encompass SMTP tweak facilitated in CSF on the entire our servers and this has never caused a difficulty. Does anybody else encompass several ideas as to what might cause this. I have forced a reinstall of courier but this difficulty persists. In view of the fact that at the moment I (and my clients) get this message when I try to attach to my webmail account "Connection to IMAP server failed" by means of together Horde and Roundcube. I restarted cpanel but similar difficulty the entire in excess of again. I tried to follow several solutions (not accurately for the similar difficulty but comparable) by means of no luck.

The Imap logs are supposed to be positioned in /var/log/maillog/ I am having the identical problem by means of not being capable to attach to Imap server. The entire webmail (Horde, SqirrelMail, and RoundCube) seems to be broken. Horde demonstrates "Login failed for the reason that your username or password was entered inaccurately." SquirrelMail demonstrate "Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: not capable to attach to localhost:143 (Connection refused) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/squirrelmail/plugins/login_auth/functions.php on line 129" RoundCube demonstrate "Connection to Imap server failed". When webmail was running a few days ago, Imap logs were presentation in /var/log/maillog/, but at present Imap does not seem to be logging to any further extent. I was capable to fix webmail originally by updating CPanel - /scripts/upcp –force. But it seemed to break the entire in excess of again shortly subsequent to that. I have noticed a lot of conversation here regarding this difficulty, but no explanation, so I do not expect a reply. Presently required to share my experience with webmail.

You had to run into this difficulty a small number of days ago. You be able to with no trouble fix it by going to WHM > Service Configuration > IMAP Configuration. And enabling IMAP. It is for the reason that IMAP has been upgraded surrounded by the whm update. That is nothing to do with it. The difficulty is IMAP is not facilitated, you determine to encompass to go and fish approximately in WHM for IMAP arrangement editor . Which in the 11.24 cPanel version or description is at present named ‘Mailserver arrangement'.