Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-06-2010

How can I find the version of Flash

What is the easiest way by which I can find out the version of Flash player I am using right now. Recently on a website I found that my version is outdated and it prompted me to update. So before that it better to first find that out. Second thing among silverlight and flash which is better. If I need to add some animated banners then which is better recommended and which will open in less hassle.
Old 15-06-2010

Re: How can I find the version of Flash

It is very easy to find that out. You just need to visit any site and then load the flash content. Then just right click on that and at the end line you can see the version of Flash. It will say about flash version 9. You can click on that and then figure out the exact version which you are using right now. Second thing I believe for website developing flash is the best.
Old 15-06-2010

There is lots of competition between Flash and Silverlight both giants Adobe and Microsoft are trying to differentiate themselves in the field of indexing. The fact is that the applications provided with flash are not readily searchable which is causing more and more problems. Silverlight is fully searchable by Microsoft since it is based on a standard XML description made in Microsoft (XAML).
Old 15-06-2010

Adobe Media Player will become the new competitor to Windows Media Player. The program for supports video playback locally and therefore offline. Retrieving video from flow and a collaborative system of notes and comments. Criticized for not managing the DRM Flash Player will be included in Adobe Media Player. Video compression will be improved and better quality.
Old 15-06-2010

The result is the same, the only obvious difference that it may be time to load. I had seen the loading Silverlight not with flash. I think you can achieve similar results with two of the application. The difference can be find out with tools and skills required for development. Net has integrated tools to develop a module easily Silverlight (XAML + C #). The flash is often reserved for graphic designers.
Old 16-06-2010

Flash is now the dominant choice for streaming multimedia content on a website. This development environment, based on the ActionScript language, is largely related to the software publisher Adobe Flash Professional CS. The user views the content published through the Flash Player. The new version can animate 2D objects in three-dimensional environment, apply filters in real time or get a better support of text characters.
Old 17-06-2010

Adobe develops and offers a series of tools around Flex, a runtime environment based on the use of XML components, ActionScript language and Flash interfaces. Not content to dominate the market for operating systems and browsers, Microsoft has developed its own solution to compete with Adobe and take advantage of the latest web technologies. Silverlight is a platform based on. NET Framework to convey the same type of content as well as Flash to develop rich Internet applications.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,