Thread: Cant get to Facebook site in China

Cant get to Facebook site in China

I have moved to China recently and I am facing a weird situation here. The problem is that I cant get to Facebook site in China. I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Internet Explorer 8. Is this a genuine situation faced in China. I am not aware of the same as I am new here. Kindly help me with all possible information on suggestions on this particular situation.

Re: Cant get to Facebook site in China

I do not have any idea that the problem that you cant get to Facebook site in China is a genuine issue or not. Well, if the site has been banned or something like that, then you can use an encryption technique to log into that account. You need to get into a site called ztunnel.com for this purpose. This is not an assured method. But, trying something is better than nothing.

The situation that you cant get to Facebook site in China is with this site or with other sites too? If this problem is only with Facebook, then you can try using some other browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Opera 10. This is because IE 8 may be having some conflict with Facebook.

Try using any of the above mentioned browsers and let me know if the problem is resolved or not, so that I could suggest something different.

I just cant get to Facebook site in China. I am able to get the access to all the other sites. Well, I have not tried out any other browsers till now. I will try them out soon and let you know about the situation. But, I dont think that this is an issue that related to the browser. Anyways, thanks for all the help till now. Any more suggestions regarding this problem is very much appreciated.

It has always been noticed that Facebook has some conflicts with Internet Explorer 8. You can try out a switch in the browser due to this reason. Another possibility is that some of the add-ons that have been installed with your browser may be conflicting with the particular site. So, you can also try removing the add-ons one-by-one and check out if you are able to open the site or not.

You cant get to Facebook site in China because this particular site is banned in this country. I have searched the internet and found about the same. You can have a look at the following thread to get some information regarding this matter:
    Facebook Is Banned In China
    There are solutions given there on how to access this site. I hope that it proves to be of some help to you.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain