Thread: Other people can see my Facebook profile but I cannot access it

Other people can see my Facebook profile but I cannot access it

I am using Internet Explorer 8 to browse all the sites on the internet. The situation that I am facing is that other people can see my Facebook profile but I cannot access it. This is really a weird problem because I do not think that any of the users have been facing this issue. I had asked one of my friends to check out if my profile is still existing on the network or not and he said that it is still there. All possible replies and suggestions on this topic are very much appreciated. My computer is running Windows 7.

Re: Other people can see my Facebook profile but I cannot access it

You have mentioned that other people can see your Facebook profile but you cannot access it. This means that you must be entering the wrong password or you must have lost the same.

Use the button of LOST MY PASSWORD and enter all the details that they ask for. They will verify the same and if they feel that everything belongs to the correct person, they will allow for a password reset.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I have already tried resetting my password with the help of the option for "lost my password". The problem is that I get a message in return saying that "No account exists with this name". I am not able to understand why this is happening. I really need my account because there are many contacts in it. If I make a new one, I will be loosing all of them. Kindly help as soon as possible.

There is a need to contact the officials regarding the problem that other people can see your Facebook profile but you cannot access it. Mention all the issues that you are facing. As the details are asked in LOST MY PASSWORD, the same will be asked by the people here too. Your password will be resetted accordingly. Just let me know if the issue is solved or not after that.

Have you tried using some other browser like Mozilla Firefox or Opera 10? This is because it is possible that the situation that other people can see your Facebook profile but you cannot access it is being caused because there is some conflict between the browser and the particular site. If you have not tried changing the browser, then try out the same. I hope that the situation will be fixed.

You must have revealed your password to anyone and that person must have changed the details, along with the password. This is the reason why you cannot log into your account. So, other people can see you Facebook profile but you cannot access it. This means that your FB profile has been hacked by means of a social engineering attack. The only way that you can get your account back is that the particular hacker gives you the same back.