Thread: Internet Explorer 8 is crashing when I login to Facebook

Internet Explorer 8 is crashing when I login to Facebook

I am using Facebook with Internet Explorer 8 from quite a long time. My computer is running the Windows 7 operating system and am facing a weird problem since then. Actually, it was working fine with Windows XP. The situation that I am facing now is that Internet Explorer 8 is crashing when I login to Facebook. I am not able to understand why this is happening. When FB is started, I can see the home page. After that, when I put the ID and password, the screen goes white and I get a message saying that Internet explorer has stopped working. Please help me with all possible suggestions to prevent this situation.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 is crashing when I login to Facebook

I suppose that your problem that the Internet Explorer 8 is crashing when you login to Facebook has already been solved on our forums. Here, have a look at the following thread and check out if you can find the solution for the same:
    Facebook issues while using Internet Explorer
    Just let me know if you cannot find the solution here, so that I can help you with some other suggestion.
    Last edited by Trio; 14-06-2010 at 11:16 PM.

It seems that there is some problem with the copy of Internet Explorer that you are using with your system. This is why Internet Explorer 8 is crashing when you login to Facebook. I suggest you to get another copy of IE 8 and then, install it in your system. Now, try logging into Facebook. I suppose that there will be no problems now. I hope that your situation will be solved after that.

According to me, Internet Explorer 8 is crashing when you login to Facebook is a browser related issue. It will be better if you try logging into FB with the help of some other browser like Mozilla Firefox or Opera 10. Check out if the same problem is experienced with these browsers also. If so, then there is a need to contact your Internet Service Providers because it is possible that something is wrong from their end.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

There is no need to worry if Internet Explorer 8 is crashing when I login to Facebook. I think that this is a genuine issue faced by many of the users using IE 8 along with the Windows 7 operating system. You must have installed some add-ons in your IE. You will have to find out that which one is causing the conflicts between the browser and the website.

Try removing them one-by-one and then, logging into the site. You must get rid of the error that is prevailing now.

The situation that Internet Explorer 8 is crashing when I login to Facebook is solved. The problem was the browser that I was using. Well, I am using Mozilla Firefox now. Anyways, thanks for all your suggestions and valuable help. I am able to use FB now without any issues. I would suggest any of the users facing such problems to try changing the browser.