Thread: Mailman List System does not send mail

Mailman List System does not send mail

I am facing some problems with Mailman mail list program on my cPanel server. After creating mailing list of all the receivers, I am not able to send any mails to the users listed in the list. Sometimes the list works fine but when the list is deleted and created again, no emails are sent. Can anybody here help me in using the Mailman mail list application on the cPanel servers? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mailman List System does not send mail

Many people are facing the same problem with the Mailman mailing application and the new cPanel servers. Some mailing lists applications do not work with the new version of cPanel which is available. Hence I will suggest that you get the application which is compatible with the version of cPanel which you are using and the problem will be solved.

You can check and rectify the problem with mailman list software. To check the errors which are faced by the mailman list you can check the error logs on the server. The error logs are saved at "/var/log/exim_mainlog". Open the exim_mainlog and check the specific error which is faced by the mailing list application and follow the troubleshooting procedure.

I am facing the exact problem with the Mailman list on my cPanel server. The mass mail list gets populated properly but I cant send any emails using the application. I checked the error logs as suggested and it shows that no errors are being faced. So how do I solve this problem? Please help.

As you have checked the exim logs and have not found any errors, I would suggest that you check the error logs for the mailman which can be found at the following location
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs
    In this folder you will find lot of log files such as :-
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/bounce
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/error
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/locks
    check each and every file and note down any errors which are found.

The solution provided above should work and the mailman application will work but if the issue persists, then register a complaint at the customer support and describe them the exact problem which you are facing. You will have to provide user name and password for authentication to the customer support.

The code which was provided techguru01 did not work. It is very frustrating and hence I registered a complaint about the problem with the hosting provider and they provided me with a complaint ticket which is about to be resolved. Hopefully it will work.