Thread: Roundcube Spellcheck not working

Roundcube Spellcheck not working

I am facing a weird problem with Roundcube mail client which I am using. While typing any email in Roundcube, the spellcheck is not working at all. Even if there is a visible mistake in the spelling, it will not be highlighted in the Roundcube. The Apache is compiled with open SSL support. Also I am not able to see any errors in the logs but I know there are some errors. So if anybody here knows how to solve the error, please suggest some solutions. Thanks in advance.

Re: Roundcube Spellcheck not working

I suspect that you have not included the CURL module. The basic PHP code does not have the spell check feature and hence an addition CURL module is to be added to the PHP code, along with the CURL module you will require a TinyMCE for implementing spelling check in Roundcube. You can check the requirements for roundcube on the official website.

Even if the Spell check is disabled in the Roundcube, you can use different plugins which are supported by the different browsers. There are many browsers which are available today which provide the spell check feature in them and download such browser or plugin which enables Spell check and see if it helps.

Yes I am also facing the same problem with Roundcube mail client. The spellcheck feature is disabled in the Roundcube and I want to know how to enable it. I have heard that we have to enable CURL and openssl to get the spellcheck working. So I want to know if it is possible for enabling CURL and openSSL for enabling the spellcheck feature on the Roundcube? Please help.

Which version of cPanel/WHM are you using? Curl and openSSL is enabled by default in the internal PHP of the latest versions of cPanel/WHM. Hence there is no requirement for enabling then separately in the 3rd party php for using Spellcheck. Check the error logs again to make sure what exactly the problem is.

Now I have tried all the means to enable the spell check on the roundcube but nothing is working. I have checked and rechecked all the error logs but I have not found anything. Therefore I have started using plugins which show the spelling mistake in the text.