Thread: Internal download cap based on Upload

Internal download cap based on Upload

I just read that there are some hidden download cap. I am very curious to know about it. I have tried to find an information about it but didn't get enough.!! So thought that you guys must be knowing about this. Please tell me more about the download cap in the utorrent. Also another thing that confuses me is the streaming. Just want to know that is streaming restricted to the PC.? Explain me in details.

Re: Internal download cap based on Upload

I would like to tell you that it is not hidden, there are the details in the change-log for the new version, set your upload to 6kB/s (not only 2mbit lines can do that) and u will have no predicament at all. Just so u know, the next version of utorrent will lift up the download cap to 6 instead of 3, that should be sufficient as only very stumpy connections like xxx/64 would be pretentious, and if u have a 1mbit/64kbps is not utorrent's fault it is your ISP, either modify ISP or try to get your stuff from somewhere else.

The new x6 cap is pretty damn fair for all users who are not lechers. Dialup and ISDN aren’t hurt by the cap at least since they can’t physically download rapid enough to pass the perimeter anyway. The only dilemma was the least amount bare broadband, 256/64 - which is now taken care of. Since they can upload at 5kB/s. 5 * 6 = 30kB/s, which is almost 256kbits. They lose a mere 2kB/s downloads at best, if at all, when you regard as no one gets the exact full speed of his line anyway.

Just want to know that is streaming restricted to the PC.? Explain me in details.
    The streaming is not restricted to the PC, media center (in my case a netbook) connected to a TV will do nicely. It should not be taken for the standard streaming HD video platforms in Flash, any good divx encoded in 320 * 240 is better. And to properly read a divx encoded on 1400Mo 2h just to have 200KB / s and the file is downloaded so contiguous (VLC can open any file buffer for the download to read the beginning of content).

It is true that video streaming is experiencing a considerable growth, and is considered the next generation of P2P. We knew Youtube for videos and music for deeper, here today that the net is crowded with newcomers. Deeply streaming 1080p, it can finally see their favorite episodes of his chain when she had no time last night. Suddenly all the direct downloads are streaming as soon as the remaining time to complete the transfer is less than the duration of the media, especially with the H264 for a quality equivalent to divx you can swing the 720p at a rate of about 150 ~ 200kB / s.

Base, the drive used is DivX Player. But if it works well with traditional formats, the player may no longer be viable with more exotic extensions. That future users of uTorrent 2.1 is reassuring, the developers have thought of them: it is possible to make changes in the preferences window, for example by opting for the inevitable VLC Media Player.

Stabilizing playback streaming requires anyway throughput slightly higher than the media in order to save a few seconds buffer. The buffer must be downloaded sequentially at a rate at least equal to the flow of media, everything else can be random transfer which will also facilitate the achievement of "buffer" advancing in reading. One can imagine the software necessary to limit the downloading parties start using the rest of the sources and the bandwidth to request chunks rarer. But it is clear that there will be consequences, even in this case.