Thread: Facebook connection problems Transport error (#1001)

Facebook connection problems Transport error (#1001)

I am facing an unusual problem from a couple of days. Actually, there are Facebook connection problems, that is it is prompting me the Transport error (#1001). The surprising fact is that I get the message saying to check if the system is connected to the internet or not. There is no problem with the internet. I am able to access all the other websites. The issue is only with Facebook. Please help me with any possible suggestions to eradicate this situation.

Re: Facebook connection problems Transport error (#1001)

It seems that the Facebook connection problems and the Transport error (#1001) is being caused because of the particular browser that you are using. Try switching to some other browser and check out if the problem is solved or not. If the issue is persisting, then just let me know about it, so that I can help you with some other suggestion to solve this problem.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Hello there, a problem similar to the Facebook connection problems and the Transport error (#1001) has already been solved on our forums. Just have a glance at the same and check out if you can get the required solutions there. The thread is given below:
    Problem with Facebook connection
    I hope that it proves to be of some help to you.

Just follow the steps given below to eradicate the Facebook connection problems and Transport error (#1001):
    1. Move to Privacy settings.
    2. Here, select the Application button.
    3. Now, go to the tab of Settings.
    4. All the options there must be unchecked.
    5. Now, all the changes made are to be saved.

I have faced a similar issue with Orkut. Now, you are facing the same Facebook connection problems and Transport error (#1001). There is no need to worry. Some internal program is blocking the site. It will be mostly the firewall or the antivirus software. So, just stop them before you try to open the site. After the site is opened, start the program again. There will be no problem once the site is opened.

Before trying to eradicate the Facebook connection problems and the Transport error (#1001), I recommend you to check out with your internet service provider that if this problem is being caused because of the block from their side itself. If it is so, you cannot do any thing about that. The internet service provider has to avoid this blockage. Only after that, your issues can be eradicated.

The Facebook connection problems and Transport error (#1001) was being caused because of the browser, that is Internet Explorer 8, that I was using. I tried out for a change in the browser as mentioned in one of the above posts and thus, switched to Mozilla Firefox. To my surprise, I was able to access the site as normally as before. I searched the web and found out that IE 8 has some conflicts with Facebook.