Thread: Apple mail client continuously rejects hotmail password

Apple mail client continuously rejects hotmail password

I am using a Hotmail account from about 5 years and it is working fine, no problem. Recently i started to use it with Apple Mail Client and was working fine too. But from yesterday whenever i am trying to access my Hotmail account through Apple Mail Client, it is not accepting my Hotmail password. Am sure the password is correct as am using the same from 5 years. Than why Apple is continuously rejecting the password ? Please help.

Re: Apple mail client continuously rejects hotmail password

There is possibility that there might be something incorrect with your account's settings in "Apple Mac client" that's why you are facing this difficulty. I suggest that you cross-check your entire configuration to resolve this. Also to make sure that your about your password try to login in to http://mail.live.com using the same username and password.

Also the cause for this error might be the continuous polling the email account in a short timeframe is forbidden. To confirm this press reload quite a few times in a short time. Do reply back the result.

I was also facing this error some couple if months ago. I took some assistance with the Windows Live help and they fixed the same. Most probably this problem occurs due to some mistakes in POP3 settings. So try to find the mistake in your configuration and fix it. If you cannot than i'll suggest you to contact with the help and support center. They will ask for your email address and check it out. The most they can do is will grant you the permission to login for few minutes. Once you able to login, first of all change your password.

In case you have change the password for your Hotmail account after configuring the POP3 with Apple mail client, you be supposed to make the same adjustment in your Apple mail client as well. Try altering your password in your e-mail client program and let us know if get the same error yet. If you need help in configuring these settings on your Apple Mail, please get in touch with the Apple Support Team for assistance.

Well, here is some settings that can sort out the said problem. Just go through it:
    1. Go to Mail than click on preferences/accounts.
    2. Select the Menu for the outgoing server list and click on edit server list.
    3. Emphasize your mail server and click the advanced button
    4. Use default ports and secure sockets. Make sure the layer should be checked
    5. Now type in user name then password.