Thread: Aim.bin Error 45 on Mac

Aim.bin Error 45 on Mac

I have been attempting to download AIM on my laptop and maintain in receipt of the following error: not capable to unarchive "aim.bin" into "Desktop" (Error 45 - Operation not supported.) I was victorious in downloading and installing on my iMac but not so on my MacBook. Together are using the Leopard operating system. I have presently encountered the similar difficulty. How be able to I not have substance It Expander installed on my system if the submission says it is going to open using StuffIt.

Re: Aim.bin Error 45 on Mac

You have to download and install Adium, or utilize iChat which is built into Leopard. You are guessing this difficulty is not connected to the AIM file but rather the entire compressed files of the similar type. You have an extremely, very comparable difficulty and so far have been not capable to locate a fix. I even updated the OS from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8, repaired file permissions, booted safe mode, ran disk warrior, nothing seems to run. You cannot unarchive a .bin file. Things were running presently extremely well for your user and then the entire of a sudden it might no longer unarchive the .bin file. You are able to unarchive them on your system but if you try it on his it gives the similar error. But you are able to unarchive a .zip file.

I presently opened my innovative MacBook OSX literally similar to two hours ago, and I have been personalizing it and getting the whole thing presently how I similar to it. I have tried to install AIM for Mac on here regarding four times, and I maintain getting an error message that says "not capable to unarchive aim.bin into Desktop. (Error 45 - operation not supported)." I have looked in excess of the entire of the topics on this board regarding how to install aim, and they the entire say that I necessitate to have StuffIt Expander to open it, but I previously have it evidently for the reason that, whenever I try to install AIM again and open the file, it says "open with StuffIt Expander (defaulting)." What do I necessitate to do here.

The BTW, you have posted in the Panther and previous forum but are supposed to have posted moreover in the Leopard forums or the forum for your scrupulous Mac model. You do not have Stuffit Expander. Your system does not come with that pre-installed. You be required to download and install it or an additional convenience such as TheUnarchiver - VersionTracker or MacUpdate.

The Aim 4.7 is presently the most recent GM discharge for Macs. Aim 4.7 was unconstrained on February 18th, 2004. At in attendance take a moment to believe regarding what year it is today enormous! At present that we got that squared away. Let’s at the present look at the troubles most people have with AIm 4.7. The Aim 4.7 for Mac haphazardly signs off. The Aim 4.7 for Mac haphazardly quits at the same time as Away.

Well if you tranquil do not desire to heed my warning regarding installing it, and you receive the message that you are not capable to unarchive “aim.bin” or AIM opens the Firefox browser when you work the installer, you be able to fix this difficulty by downloading Stuffit Expander. You be able to download Stuffit Expander and fill out the information in sequence on that site so that you might install Aim 4.7 for Mac that was unconstrained in 2004.

The iChat is AIM. But if you sincerely have a preference a chat program that does not permit additional than one person in your video chats and does not have several effects or screen sharing, then you be able to get AIM for the Mac. In the prospect, when you are looking for incredible for Mac, google "insert name of program for Mac". You are moreover going to get a link to the program right away or a link regarding somebody talking regarding how they do not create it for Mac yet for the reason that they are slow on the times.