Thread: Sign Error Windows Live Messenger Error 8100032d

Sign Error Windows Live Messenger Error 8100032d

I use Windows Live Messenger 11 at my home for chatting. I recently faced some sign in problem in it. I noticed that I could not sign in to my account and receive the below error message which states I was unable to signing in to Windows Live Messenger because the service was not temporarily unavailable at that moment and the error code that appeared was 8100032d. So someone please help me to rectify the problem!

Re: Sign Error Windows Live Messenger Error 8100032d

It is difficult to say what is the actual cause of the problem. I think you need to test it by your self by considering some of the points mentioned below to rectify the problem. In general sign in problems may occur if the Windows Live Messenger contacts cache gets corrupted. It can also be related to wrong/improper Date and Time settings on your computer. In other cases it may occur if your firewall is blocking Windows Live Messenger service.

Thanks for the instant reply but that didn't helped. I have tried deleting the contacts cache folder but it had not impact to the problem. I have checked system timings and it shouldn't be causing the problem. I don't have any firewall on my computer. I even tried disabling my antivirus software just to make sure if it isn't causing the problem. And the results were as I thought was. Any other ideas ?

I suppose your Windows Live Messenger installation has been corrupted and so you should reinstall it once again. For clean installation of Windows Live Messenger follow the below steps:

1. Remove Windows Live Messenger completely from your computer
    2. Delete any temporary files (if possible, all) from the computer so that nothing is holding up your Windows Live Messenger.
    3. Clear Windows Live Messenger related cache files
    4. Remove the Windows Live Messenger related registry keys.
    5. Reboot your computer
    6. Install Windows Live Messenger