Thread: Windows Live Messenger Error 8001012e while signing in

Windows Live Messenger Error 8001012e while signing in

There is a problem with my windows live messenger. There was virus issue in my pc. So I kept the same on scanning. Now when I run msn it does not work. When I try to connect it online a message is displayed. The message states the connection because the windows live messenger is served temporarily inaccessible. Try again later. Error Code 8,001,012th. I do not see where is the problem and hope you to help me solve it. What is this error about. Is this a virus.

Re: Windows Live Messenger Error 8001012e while signing in

No this is the version issue on your system. Do this go on the official site and download a older version of MSN. Install it and then run the updates for the same. Check for login. You will be connected to the system successfully without any issue. The new version of MSN is a bit buggy. There is nothing related to virus here. The error appears when it is not getting a proper live connection.

I had faced same issues. My user account was changed there. I had checked the names of user accounts in c: \ users. My account was renamed with strange characters that was not english. So I had created another account in Windows and moved my all documents in the new account and delete the old one. In a way I had exported my settings to the new user account and reinstalled MSN Live back again. It is working right now.

I encounter the same problem. I am not able to connect to MSN. It popups a error code 8001012th. I have MSN 9 and a Windows Vista 32-bit configuration PC. I tried everything first uninstalling and then re-installing Windows Live. I had used CCleaner to remove all the settings of Windows Live. I wanted then installed the MSN competitor, MSN which is lighter and almost the same functions. But the same gives error message. While installing a error message comes out stating Syntax of the file name, directory or volume of incorrect and that for a lot of software that I wanted to install. Finally, I created a new administrator account and deleted the old account problem after recovering the files.

Get the patch for Windows Messenger. With this patch, you can continue to use your version of Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018. This patch is for use only if you have installation problems with the Final version of Windows Live Messenger 2009. You can download the patch for free from official site. After the download reboot your computer and any error occurred after version 8.5 will disappear. I had contacted Microsoft for the issue. But before that you can do one thing like clearing the cache Contacts and Clean Installation will work.