Thread: Msn email account cannot access mail

Msn email account cannot access mail

I am in trouble because I cannot longer open my inbox in mail msn hotmail. I have an e-mail address and it will be logged as @ msn @ live but from. I do not access to my box with my story or message with my friend. Could you help me to solve this problem. I am using internet explorer 7. Thank in advance.
    Last edited by Patricia-USA; 01-06-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Re: Msn email account cannot access

You need to check MSN HTTP accounts:
    1. The menu Tools, Click Mail Accounts .
    2. Click Add a new mail account. If you have already added your MSN account to Microsoft Outlook, select Show or change existing email accounts, Click Following. Select the MSN account, then click Change. Proceed to step 4.
    3. Click HTTP, Then Following.
    4. In the Your name, Type your name as it should appear to other people.
    5. In the Email Address, Type your full email address in your email id.
    Area Provider HTTP Mail MSN will automatically when you type an email address ending in msn.com.
    6. In the User name, Type the name of your account, without your email id.
    7. In the Password, Type your password for the MSN account. If you wish, Outlook can remember this password if you select the checkbox Remember password.

You can also set MSN POP3:
    1. The menu Tools, Click Mail Accounts.
    2. Click Add a new mail account. If you have already added your MSN account to Microsoft Outlook, select Show or change existing email accounts. Then click Following. Select the MSN account, then click Change.
    3. Click POP3, Then Following.
    4. In the Your name, Enter your name as it should appear to other people.
    5. In the Email Address, Type your full email address in your email id.
    6. In the Incoming mail server (POP3), Type pop3.email.msn.com.
    7. In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP), Type smtp.email.msn.com.
    8. In the text box User name Enter the name of your account without email address.
    9. In the Password. Enter your password for the MSN account. If you wish, Outlook can remember this password if you select the checkbox Remember password. You should not do this if a person has access to your Microsoft Windows.
    10. Select the checkbox Log in using the authentication password secure (PPS).
    11. Click Additional settings.
    12. Click on the tab Outgoing Server, Then select the checkbox My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
    13. Click Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
    14. Click OK. Click Test Account Settings to verify that your account is working. If information such as your password is missing or incorrect, you will be prompted to provide or correct them. Make sure the computer is connected to the Internet.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

To access your Hotmail account in Outlook Express:
    1. In the Tools menu in Outlook Express, click Accounts.
    2. In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click the Add button.
    3. Click Email to open the Internet Connection Wizard, then follow the instructions to configure your existing Hotmail account. You only need your user name and your Hotmail password.
    4. Enter your name and click Next.
    5. Enter the email address of your Hotmail account and click Next.
    6. In the My mail server for incoming mail server, select HTTP. This means that the version of Outlook Express you are using supports Hotmail accounts.

You need to also delete msn account from OS and install again. For this follow the steps:
    * To remove addresses registered
    * Start => Run
    * control userpasswords2.
    * In the Advanced tab, Manage Passwords.
    * Delete the e-mails of sessions of MSN.
    * You can also: Go to the homepage HOTMAIL, then go under HELP. Then in the Search field, enter: CLOSING. It will offer you on a list of Hot Close my MSN mail ... click. Finally, click Go to page account closure.

Re: Msn email account cannot access mail

There is a little cleaning will help you: go to Start Menu , work station go to right click on C: / then properties, A window opens click on "Disk Cleanup" , a window opens, check all the boxes except "compress files ..." click ok and then Ok again. Opens an Internet Explorer menu then tools / internet options / advanced tab / reset. Check the process and reply.

Re: Msn email account cannot access mail

When you connect to a site using your credentials, MSN, the Microsoft Passport Network stores your unique ID number and time of the connection in an encrypted cookie on your hard drive. Through this witness, you can move from one page to another site without having to sign in again on each page. When you log out, these cookies are deleted from your computer. Passport also uses cookies to facilitate the connection. For example, your e-mail can be stored in a cookie remains on your computer when you are offline. This cookie allows you to display your email address in the relevant field, and so, you need only enter your password on the next connection. If you are using a public computer or you do not want this information to be recorded, you can select the appropriate radio button on the login page, and that witness will not be used.