Thread: utorrent speed dropping

utorrent speed dropping

Hi, am using uTorrent 1.8 on my Windows XP system and facing some issue with the same since last couple of days.. When I run uTorrent for downloading any data, at the start am capable to hit the maximum download speed, no issue till the file completes around 30% or 35 %. But what take place next is strange. The speed automatically drops to 25 Kb or 30 Kb.. Do you guys have anything to fix this out?

Re: utorrent speed dropping

Your upload speed appears to change heavily. A perfect situation is the upload speed as revealed in the speed tab is an approximately steady line; in your situation a line at 30kB and that may be because of you have not set your highest upload rate to 40kB, right? In case it leap up and down - or is considerably under your highest upload setting although you have lots of peers connected and already a batch of data to allocate then utorrent experience problem either from any problem with your utorrent configuration or an snooping ISP.

The first thing you need to check in such problem is your router. Make sure you have static port for your uTorrent. Don’t worry if you get confused with it. Just move on to Options than click on Preferences and than Connection. Here you need to do some changes under ‘port used for incoming connection’. You will find here an option with marked check box named ‘radomize port each time uTorrent stats’. What you need to do is just uncheck the same and uPnP box as well.

I think you need to Port Forward your router. Also you require a static IP in order that the router be familiar where to look. If you have multiple systems connected to your PC than ensure all the additional pc’s have static IP’s. TO know how to set up an static IP, just go through the following post: Setting up static IP addresses. Once you are on a static IP, now you need to port forward which is petty easy.

I had finished the port forwarding in advance itself. The green beam is viewing. As i mentioned before at the start I get good speeds until the one fourth of the download but it gets slower after that. I also tried downloading the same file with bitcomet and that was working fine for the entire process. Was able to get the stable rate of around 60 kbps. Superior as compared to the continually fluctuating utorrent.