Thread: Streaming video like youtube on chinese phones

Streaming video like youtube on chinese phones

Does anyone know if you can get streaming video like youtube on chinese phones. Not using the java plugin.

Re: Streaming video like youtube on chinese phones

What is the make/ model of your china phone? A guy was able to stream video on his china mobile phone through wifi connection by putting his phones IP in the DMZ/Demilitarized Zone on his router which is out of the NAT firewall. Then he went to phone settings, network setup, and put "WLAN PREFERRED" as preferred mode. After that he went in main menu, then to network on his phone, wap, settings. profiles, sim1, selected WLAN. IF you dont have WLAN listed as an option then you will probably have to make it. Select one of the profiles that are editable and change it to this(only if you are sure there isnt any WLAN profile already listed).

Profile Name: WLAN
    Homepage: www.google.com(or (http://www.google.com(or) whatever site you prefer)
    Data account: Wireless LAN
    Connection Type: Http
    user name: blank
    password: blank

pugsly
    i have phone model #A1241 made in california .
    i got everything working EVEN wi-fi .

my problem is when i try to play youtube video, it tells me unsupported scheme.
    i have opera 5.0 installed . what could be missing ? flash....? any help ?

I dont think it might be the cause of flash, because if it so you should get an error stating "you need updated flash to view the content". Most probably this error occurs when a proxy server controls admission to intranet pages and need authentication. Alternatively, why don't you download the Youtube application for your device and enjoy watching video without any browser. I use to watch youtube video on youtube application only, and it is the best on mobile phones.

As you are getting the error message as unsupported scheme it could be that the application is not supported for the video to get playable. So check out for the media players or application that helps to stream the videos on your phone well. It will help.

alexxx---una ---pugsy---thanks for info..
    i still can't get the youtube device app...( am trying )
    my other question is ...i have a pc-suite, i can access both my built in mem.and sd card, but i have no idea how to install.
    i can copy-paste but no luck installing..
    any help ?

Quote Originally Posted by phonewala View Post
    i have a pc-suite, i can access both my built in mem.and sd card, but i have no idea how to install.
    i can copy-paste but no luck installing..
    I guess there is no Youtube app made yet for Chinese Mobile Phone. You will need to wait until any third party developer do the needful. And am unable to understand the above mentioned problem. You can access the memories but what are trying to install? What exactly you want to install ?

oh. i mean i can not install third party browser. flash. etc.
    another quick question. i have many pre-installed useless game icon, how can i get rid-off them? is there anyway to see them on your phone mem - sd card ?
    thanks fo any info.

Usually, the game are stored in your phone memory so it is impossible to reomve it via the memory card. You can however try to press "C" button the game icon or any installed game or software to get a delete option and then just agree and delete it. However, I remember that inbuilt softwares or games cant be removed but you can give it a try.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

found a way to re-organise icon.. simply hold the icon few second, they will start shaking , move around to what ever position you want..