Thread: Can I host multiple websites with a single mobileme account?

Can I host multiple websites with a single mobileme account?

I need some serious suggestions regarding hosting of a website. I have a mobileme account on which I have hosted one personal domain website. Now I want to host multiple websites on the same mobileme account and want to know if it is possible to host multiple websites on a single Mobileme account? Any of you guyz have any experience of how to go about it? Please share some useful information about the topic. Thanks in advance.

Re: Can I host multiple websites with a single mobileme account?

Yes it is possible to use the single Mobileme account to host multiple websites but all the websites should not extend the 20gb limit of the mobileme account. If the websites are less than the 20Gb limit of mobile me then there will be no problem in hosting multiple websites on the single mobileme account. You will have to apply for more domains for hosting multiple websites on the single account.

According to me it is not possible to host multiple websites on the single mobileme account. When a user registers for a mobileme account, Apple only assigns a single domain name to the mobileme account and hence you will be able to host a single personal domain website on the mobileme account. You can use websites like Godaddy etc which provide multiple website hosting on a single account.

If you are using a Single user mobileme account for hosting multiple websites, you will not be able to achieve the desired result. For hosting multiple websites on the single mobileme account, you will have to purchase a Family account which will give you 5 different domain names which you can host using a single account. A family account gives a total of 40gb of space divided into accounts having one 20gb space and four accounts with 5 gb space each. So getting a family account will be a better option as it will give more storage space and domain names.

I have purchased a separate domain from godaddy and now I want to host it on the mobileme account but I am not able to add the domain to the mobileme account. It does not give the addon option for the domain in the mobileme account. While adding the domain the only option available is to delete the existing Mobileme account. How do I solve this issue?