Thread: Firefox opens on secondary monitor instead of Main Monitor

Firefox opens on secondary monitor instead of Main Monitor

Hello there, Please help me in solving this small issue which I am facing. I have a Macbook Pro which is has Mac OS X Snow leopard installed on it. The Macbook is configured to use Dual screens which works fine with all the applications except Mozilla firefox. Whenever I open Firefox on the Macbook, it opens on the Macbooks screen instead of external monitor. The external monitor is set as the Main monitor and hence I cannot understand why Firefox opens on secondary monitor instead of Main Monitor. Please suggest some solutions related to the problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: Firefox opens on secondary monitor instead of Main Monitor

It happens many times with the dual monitor setups on the Mac systems. Some application cannot detect the external monitor as the Main monitor and hence open up on the Secondary monitor. You can easily bring the application back to the main monitor from the secondary monitor by simply dragging the application from the secondary monitor to the main monitor. Hope the post helps.

Try configuring the system in Dual screen mode again and see if the firefox opens up in the main monitor or not. If you had plugged out the Main monitor on the system while the system was on, then the priorities of the monitor changes. Therefore I would suggest that you make the configurations for the dual screen system again and see if all the applications detect the external monitor as the primary monitor or not.

I am also facing the same problem with the dual monitor setup which I have configured on my iMac. Very few applications detect the external monitor as the main monitor and hence the most of the applications open up on iMac. I tried to configured the setup many times but still the same problem is faced. So if there is resolution to this problem, please share it.

The problem could be the version of firefox installed on the computer. Proper working of application depends on the proper working of all the files which are associated to the application. Hence you can try and update the version of the firefox installed on the computer and then see if the problem persists or not.