Thread: Web Hosting with MobileMe

Web Hosting with MobileMe

MobileMe, as we know, is the follow Apple's online (email, calendar, contacts, push, online gallery, storage space and web hosting, synchronization, etc..). MobileMe is the descendant of iTools, launched in 2000 by Apple as online tools companions Mac OS 9 for free. Now I want to do the Web Hosting with MobileMe.!! But I don't know much about it, so anyone from your side can help me.?

Re: Web Hosting with MobileMe

To set-up MobileMe to use a personal domain name :
    1. If You Have not Already registered a domain name, visit an Accredited domain name registration on the Internet and register the domain name you want staff to use.
    2. Then go to the domain name and then point in your personal domain to MobileMe. Later you will have to point it to "web.me.com".
    3. If you want some other way, then you can log in www.me.com, Once you logged in, you will have to click an Account button in the toolbar which would be at the top of the window.
    4. Click Personal Domain in the sidebar.
    5. Click Add Domain.
    6. Enter your domain name. Be sure to type the Entire domain name (Including the extension, Such as. Com,. Net) That you've registered.
    7. Click Continue, and Then click Done.

To upload the website and see no problem. The upload to your iDisk> Web> Sites> Sitio_web. If you're going to make more use (I have it signed and I used to synchronize calendars, address book, favorites of Transmit and a number of things between my Macs), it is worth. But mobile me is not the most appropriate hosting if only you will use to host a website in Flash.

If you do a search in the forum you will see that professional hostings have been recommended for 350 Rs./ year + VAT, including PHP, MySQL, managers of forms and other things. What you are saying that the Mobile Web space worthless I do not quite understand it. Sure it's worth, though it has its peculiarities and can not stand certain things. If you drop you can not keep the email, although if you keep it in the future renew. And you can use it for iChat, I think, though not renew.

When you go on your site when you type the address web.me.com / and not your domain name.
    • I'd fire the iWeb preferences,
    • I would change the site name in the left column iWeb
    • I would do a full publication of the site on MobileMe.

Other problem I just discovered, using iweb seo tool to insert the google analytic code, after checking it seems that resolves the comments on the news page for example I am from the tag, the comments have gone on that the podcast I did not do, the comments remained. I took care not to tag the HTML pages. The first test I added the whole site, including widget, and I thought the problem was there.

komin Guest

I appreciate the work that you have put in, in this page.

in fact after new load test again the problem persists, the technician made me delete the folder "Sites" button in my "Web" folder on my idisk and also the Sites folder in the root of my idisk. he asked me to republish my Iweb site and again after some testing the problem persists, unfortunately Apple Customer Service is closed for 20 hours. I will try my luck again tomorrow.

By reading this post, I discovered the key to my problem: I have a MobileMe account, and my site is submitted. I bought a domain name with 1and1, and easily redirected to MobileMe that name, and this in both directions, that is to say, since the MobileMe interface also. But when I want to create a Sitmaps, or "validate" my site with Google, nothing happens, apparently. Is this the famous DNS? It's always afraid to put his hands inside (especially mine). If you could advise me, I gladly accept your help.