Thread: Internet or browser slow after Mac OS X 10.6.3

Internet or browser slow after Mac OS X 10.6.3

I have a macbook with Mac OS X 10.5.4 and recently installed Mac OS X 10.5.6 on another partition, After hiring verizon 5 days ago and I installed it without any problem or anything, but now my esque surprise when I put a direct download I download 200kb / s strange thing I do a speed test and I get a download speed and upload 12.200kbps 1 mb, but within two minutes, I perform a test and I got a 5036 for downstream and upstream mega, when i tested it with snow leopard it is more slow. Please help me why my internet is slow after Mac OS X 10.6.3 Thanks in Advance

Re: Internet or browser slow after Mac OS X 10.6.3

Try to do the testing with jdownloader, Try peeling the browser, if I downloaded the jdownloader megaupload type site rarely go to the max, I usually go slow, but at night I goes perfectly to 1.5 mbps, but it is up to megaupload and I also am not a premium user. For example If I download a linux distro or big things from the browser I usually go to 1.5 mbps almost always. In utorrent I have no problems either. The strange thing is that same speed test gives you 12 mb 5mb, I in my case I have it connected by ethernet cable to your computer, do not use wifi at all.

Thanks for the reply but even with the direct download of the browser, I can only download at the speed of the 200kb / s 250kb / S to the max, I have been tested with all sorts of variations, I do not know what else to ask this of verizon and are not responsible for as given the engineer a mas.acabo to install another another copy of operating system and then continue with slow download RWIN going to happen. Hoping for a different but a much better solution. please help

It seems rather to be a network problem, not the operating system. Also installing apple snow leopard on your macbook will never affect the internet provider. Because i too have been using my system dually booted with the two versions of the operating system. i have not faced any internet issues on it.

So, can you give us details on configuring your network Internet Service Provider, connection mode airport or ethernet, the flow provided by the ISP. This can occur for example when you're logged Airport in your neighbor. To be more precise on this matter i would like to know all the information which i have asked you for.
    Last edited by Jackson2; 29-05-2010 at 12:58 AM.

It appears to be a network problem and hence i will suggest you to call the tech support of the networks service provider in your case as you have mentioned , verizon call them and ask whether there is any maintenance activity undergoing in your area. If yes , then you will have to wait for sometimes otherwise ask them to get your configuration checked once. They will send a tech support at your place and may resolve your problem.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

So if you want to use your Mac to play under Windows with a recent game in 3D, it is essential to use the software to Apple's Boot Camp, available here . For the rest cons, virtualization is much more convenient, it allows to run Windows in OS X environment as a single application window or full screen (especially if you have multiple monitors for that matter). Virtualization allows you to use USB, optical drive The iSight and is constantly improving with time (I think including coherence mode of Parallels Desktop that allows to integrate the display of Windows within OS X).

Put the addresses in the DNS and it should start working. Try to clear Safari's cache to check so that do not see any major slowdowns. If it ever comes back,The repeat the same procedure once again. using Mozilla firefox is also helpful in this matter. Hope your problem is fixed.